BYU basketball: WCC honors Brandon Davies, Noah Hartsock, Kristen Riley, Lexi Eaton
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
PROVO — Three BYU players were honored by the West Coast Conference on Tuesday.
Carlino was also included on the All-Freshman team.
Saint Mary's guard Matthew Dellavedova, who led to Gaels to their first league title since 1989, earned WCC Player of the Year honors. Dellavedova, who is a finalist for the Bob Cousy Award, emblematic of the nation's top point guard, leads the WCC in assists per game with 6.6 and ranks third in scoring at 16.4 points per contest in WCC play.
Gonzaga center Rob Sacre was named defensive player of the year after ranking among the league leaders in rebounds (6.3 per game) and tied for the WCC lead with 25 blocked shots.
Gonzaga guard Kevin Pangos was the league's newcomer of the year. And Loyola Marymount's Max Good was voted the WCC coach of the year. Good led the Lions to a 19-win campaign despite dealing with significant player injuries early in the season.
BYU WOMEN HONORED: BYU's Kristen Riley was named West Coast Conference women's basketball Player of the Year on Tuesday, while Cougar guard Lexi Eaton was named the co-newcomer of the year, along with Gonzaga's Haiden Palmer.
Eaton was also included on the All-Freshman team.
Riley and guard Haley Steed were also voted to the All-Conference team. Riley led BYU in scoring (11.8 points per game) and rebounding (7.9 rpg). In conference games, she ranked fifth in scoring, first in rebounding, fourth in field goal percentage, second in 3-point field goal percentage, fifth in blocked shots and first in defensive rebounds. Riley also recorded eight double-doubles and became the 22nd player in school history to score 1,000 points in her career.
- BYU overcomes mistakes, downs UConn, 30-13,...
- Dick Harmon: Mangum uses chunk yardage in...
- Utah high school football roundup: Frantic...
- BYU report card: Defense holds its own...
- BYU football video: Two plays that shifted...
- Saturday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU football notebook: Cougars make do with...
- Utah Jazz rookie Trey Lyles taking his first...
- With difficult September schedule over,... 55
- Dick Harmon: After week of soul... 40
- Utah's win over Oregon proof of what... 24
- Guest commentary: Utah's success and... 22
- Former BYU quarterback John Beck says... 22
- New Utah basketball facility has high... 21
- Morning links: Kyle Whittingham 'doing... 20
- BYU's pregame fireside gets Michigan... 19