A recent article mentioned Elizabeth Smart's marriage to a wonderful guy in the Hawaii temple ("Elizabeth Smart marries in Hawaiian Mormon temple," Feb. 18). What I don't understand is why the article had to mention her horrible past. She has accomplished a lot since then, but why do newspaper writers have to constantly mention her kidnapping experience and what she went through? Don't you think enough is enough?
I don't know her, but I feel for her when articles always bring up her past. I'm happy for her and glad her past hasn't affected her getting married. Leave the ugly past alone.
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation that...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Anne Loeser: Reverse trends about breast cancer
- In our opinion: Dropouts face high risk of...
- My view: New treatment can cure Hepatitis C
- Letter: The Romneys' new center
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 150
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 69
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 53
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 38
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 29
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 28
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 27