A recent article mentioned Elizabeth Smart's marriage to a wonderful guy in the Hawaii temple ("Elizabeth Smart marries in Hawaiian Mormon temple," Feb. 18). What I don't understand is why the article had to mention her horrible past. She has accomplished a lot since then, but why do newspaper writers have to constantly mention her kidnapping experience and what she went through? Don't you think enough is enough?
I don't know her, but I feel for her when articles always bring up her past. I'm happy for her and glad her past hasn't affected her getting married. Leave the ugly past alone.
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama...
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by focusing on...
- Catherine Rampell: Reasons behind the bad...
- My view: Don't make women optional in marriage
- Letter: Dance dress code
- Robert Bennett: Make climate conversations...
- My view: Don't make women optional in... 103
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 87
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 65
- In our opinion: Religion in public life... 53
- Letter: Lateralist logic 40
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 40
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 39
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 35