A recent article mentioned Elizabeth Smart's marriage to a wonderful guy in the Hawaii temple ("Elizabeth Smart marries in Hawaiian Mormon temple," Feb. 18). What I don't understand is why the article had to mention her horrible past. She has accomplished a lot since then, but why do newspaper writers have to constantly mention her kidnapping experience and what she went through? Don't you think enough is enough?
I don't know her, but I feel for her when articles always bring up her past. I'm happy for her and glad her past hasn't affected her getting married. Leave the ugly past alone.
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's foreign...
- About Utah: Company helps show 'you don't win...
- In our opinion: Looking upward, seeking...
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in the...
- Letter: End daylight saving time
- Robert Bennett: Compromise will morph into...
- Libertarian wave wins big at CPAC
- Doug Robinson: Reuniting families — One...
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's... 56
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 34
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 34
- Letter: End daylight saving time 32
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 30
- Letter: A 'dying' document 27
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in... 26
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod 21