A recent article mentioned Elizabeth Smart's marriage to a wonderful guy in the Hawaii temple ("Elizabeth Smart marries in Hawaiian Mormon temple," Feb. 18). What I don't understand is why the article had to mention her horrible past. She has accomplished a lot since then, but why do newspaper writers have to constantly mention her kidnapping experience and what she went through? Don't you think enough is enough?
I don't know her, but I feel for her when articles always bring up her past. I'm happy for her and glad her past hasn't affected her getting married. Leave the ugly past alone.
- Stuart Reid: Despite study results, religion...
- My view: Reducing benefits gradually can make...
- Dan Liljenquist: Utah Retirement System audit...
- Letter: Put people in control
- National debt not just financial issue...
- In Our Opinion: Hatch-Cardin bill to make...
- Richard Davis: The million-dollar question...
- Letter: Beware of barbecued bugs
- Stuart Reid: Despite study results,... 50
- Richard Davis: The million-dollar... 48
- Letter: Solar surcharge 34
- In our opinion: Study cites excessive... 32
- In our opinion: Teacher evaluations a... 30
- Michael Gerson: Republicans should... 30
- My view: Reducing benefits gradually... 28
- Letter: Keep it simple 27