A recent article mentioned Elizabeth Smart's marriage to a wonderful guy in the Hawaii temple ("Elizabeth Smart marries in Hawaiian Mormon temple," Feb. 18). What I don't understand is why the article had to mention her horrible past. She has accomplished a lot since then, but why do newspaper writers have to constantly mention her kidnapping experience and what she went through? Don't you think enough is enough?
I don't know her, but I feel for her when articles always bring up her past. I'm happy for her and glad her past hasn't affected her getting married. Leave the ugly past alone.
- John Florez: The key to El Paso is understanding
- Robert J. Samuelson: Why tax reform is doomed
- In our opinion: Utah proud to be cutting edge...
- Kathleen Parker: Karma tastes rich in new,...
- Letter: Constitutional republic
- My view: New labor rule may harm Utah's...
- My view: Convention equality for those in...
- Dan Liljenquist: Confronting Saudi Arabia's...
- In our opinion: People desire fair,... 49
- In our opinion: The public health... 39
- Letter: Constitutional republic 29
- Letter: Utah GOP divided 28
- Richard Davis: Medical marijuana issue... 24
- My view: New labor rule may harm Utah's... 23
- Letter: Respect the governor 21
- In our opinion: Troops in Syria makes... 20