EAST LANSING, Mich. — Michigan State coach Tom Izzo says a little bit of him wishes Ohio State would have beaten Wisconsin over the weekend.
Izzo says he doesn't want anybody saying his team backed into something like the Big Ten regular-season title.
The fifth-ranked Spartans have won seven straight games and they secured at least a share of the title Sunday when the Buckeyes lost to the Badgers.
Izzo's team needs another win — either Tuesday at No. 18 Indiana or Saturday against No. 10 Ohio State — to make seniors Draymond Green and Austin Thornton the first players in program history to win two outright conference championships.
Follow Larry Lage on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/larrylage
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Pac-12 commissioner 'delighted' that... 147
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 101
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 96
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 26
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25