Oxford Eagle, Bruce Newman, Associated Press
OXFORD, Miss. — Terrance Henry scored 21 points, Nick Williams added 18 and Mississippi snapped a three-game losing by beating LSU 72-48 on Saturday.
Henry, a 6-foot-9 senior, became the 33rd player in Ole Miss history to score 1,000 career points. He had one of his better games of the season against the Tigers, making 7 of 12 shots from the field.
Ole Miss (16-12, 6-8 Southeastern Conference) never trailed, leading 34-24 at halftime before pulling away in the second half.
It was a crushing loss for LSU (17-11, 7-7), which had played its way into the NCAA Tournament conversation with a four-game winning streak. But the Tigers had a terrible offensive game, shooting just 31 percent (18 of 58) from the field.
Storm Warren led LSU with 13 points.
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- BYU men's basketball: Winder steps up big in...
- Jordan's Austin Kafentzis will keep his...
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all brawl...
- BYU closes season with painful loss in Miami...
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 170
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 106
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 42