Gerald Herbert, Associated Press
LANSING, Mich. — It's a day full of campaigning for Mitt Romney in Michigan, his native state, as he looks for a victory in Tuesday's GOP presidential primary against surging Rick Santorum.
Romney focused on President Barack Obama during a breakfast event Saturday in Lansing. Romney is promoting lower taxes and spending cuts while accusing the Democratic incumbent of failing to tackle the nation's economic woes.
But Romney also is challenging Santorum's commitment to conservative principles in light of votes the former Pennsylvania senator says he now regrets.
Romney says the 2012 election is "an election about the soul of America."
- University of Phoenix founder dies, leaving...
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh Hewitt...
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- A New York Times article said Michael Brown...
- It's about time the government recognize the...
- UN: Ebola cases could eventually reach 20,000
- Is James Foley a martyr? A brutal death...
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt wed privately at...
- A New York Times article said Michael... 42
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 34
- For the first time in American history,... 30
- 10 things to know about corporate... 27
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn... 24
- Why the poverty cycle is harder to... 15
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14
- Mourners gather in St. Louis for Brown... 13