Kitsap Sun, Larry Steagall, Associated Press
PORT ORCHARD, Wash. — The woman accused of helping a man who shot and killed a Washington state trooper during a traffic stop is 32-year-old Jessi Leigh Foster.
Jail records show that Foster was booked into the Kitsap County jail Thursday afternoon for investigation of rendering criminal assistance. Her bail was set at $500,000.
Investigators have not said how she may have helped the 28-year-old killer, Joshua Blake. Blake shot trooper Tony Radulescu during a traffic stop, then killed himself at a home on a dirt road as a SWAT team moved in.
Documents show that Foster and Blake had tussled in court over custody of their young child in 2010. Blake accused her of having a severe drinking problem and being unstable, while a friend of Foster wrote that Blake was never around for the child because he'd been in prison.
- NORAD 'tracks' Santa's journey across globe
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near Ferguson
- Women excised from public life, abused by IS
- Severe storms slam the South, killing at least 4
- Wal-Mart tests gift card exchange
- Sony broadly releases 'The Interview' in...
- Key developments in the case of slain NYPD...
- Denver shelters cite legal pot in homeless...
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,... 17
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by... 15
- Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat... 13
- Key developments in the case of slain... 9
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican... 8
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near... 8
- Killings of 2 New York officers trigger... 6
- Senate, CIA agree torture program was... 6