A note of appreciation to the Museum of Church History and Art and the Utah Museum of Fine Arts for the recent retrospective exhibit of Utah artist LeConte Stewart. The museums showed 200 masterworks spanning an 80-year period of productivity. The exhibit was absolutely breathtaking. As time passes, it is unlikely that a collection of so many of his beautiful paintings from such varied sources will be able to be brought together again. Stewart captured a Utah that no longer exists. However, future generations may enjoy, through his genius, life as it once was.
Charles P. Adams
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- In our opinion: Aging without a family
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...
- My view: Utah needs to expand Medicaid
- The most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 58
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 49
- Letter: Doctors unite 38
- Letter: Elected representatives 36
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be... 20
- Letter: No limits 20
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 20
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 18