GREELEY, Colo. — Damian Lillard scored 30 points and dished out eight assists as Weber State rolled to an 88-71 victory over Northern Colorado on Thursday night.
Weber State (23-4, 14-1 Big Sky) never trailed and shot 44 percent on 3-pointers to aid in the rout of Northern Colorado (9-18, 5-10), which was doomed by 52.6 percent free throw shooting.
Gelaun Wheelwright scored 15 points off the bench for Weber State, contributing to a balanced scoring effort that saw four Wildcats reach double-figures.
Paul Garnica, who did not start, led Northern Colorado with 16 points and Mike Proctor added a double-double with 15 points and 11 rebounds.
Montana (21-6, 13-1) kept pace by beating Northern Arizona 78-60 in Missoula. The Grizzlies host Weber State on Feb. 28 in the final game of the regular season.
UTAH VALLEY 75, HOUSTON BAPTIST 66: At Orem, Isiah Williams scored 15 points and four teammates were in double figures on Thursday night as Utah Valley rolled to its 12th straight victory. The other players to hit double figures for Utah Valley (19-10, 8-0 Great West) were Keith Thompson and Holton Hunsaker (14 each), Ben Aird (13) and Alfonzo Hubbard (12). Hunsaker also had nine assists and Thompson had four blocked shots.
DIXIE STATE 77, BYU-HAWAII 73: At St. George, Dixie State College defeated the visiting BYU-Hawaii Seasiders 77-73 in overtime to secure the outright league title and a berth in the NCAA II National Championship Tournament in front of a record 4,368 fans inside the Burns Arena. Griffon Jones scored a team-high 15 points, 13 in the second half, to lead Dixie State (20-4, 15-1 PWC). Solomon Jensen recorded his first career double-double — 12 points and 13 rebounds — and Dalton Groskreutz chipped in 13 points off the bench. DSC will represent the Pacific West for the third consecutive year in the national tournament.
MSU-NORTHERN 60, WESTMINSTER 57: At Salt Lake City, the Griffins (19-7, 7-6) moved into a three-way tie for third place in the Frontier Conference standings.
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley paying a...
- Morning links: Bronson Kaufusi could be on...
- Dick Harmon: Sitake is taking advantage of...
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- For some Jazz players, their future is up in...
- Utah State football: Offensive lineman Tyshon...
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL draftee
- 41-year-old mom looking to join U.S. team,...
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley... 116
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL... 76
- Big 12 would be better off expanding,... 71
- Former BYU quarterback Jake Heaps signs... 32
- Report: Utah's Poeltl, Weber State's... 27
- Dick Harmon: SUU, Kaufusi big winners... 27
- Morning links: Taysom Hill a Top 25... 17
- Free agent roundup: Where local... 16