RICHFIELD — At the Sevier Valley Center, North Summit's Susie Stephens and Erica Richins each hit a free throw in the final 39 seconds, and Richfield missed the front end of two one-and-ones, plus both shots of a two-shot technical foul, in the last 1:10 to help the Braves grab a tense upset victory over the Wildcats.
Stephens and Samantha Nichols scored nine points apiece, Richins and Kassidee Evans each scored eight and McKell Richins added six more points in the Braves' brilliantly balanced attack.
Richfield's Megan Bean scored a game-high 16 points and tied the game at 38 with 1:42 remaining before fouling out with 39 seconds left. Sloane Roundy added 11 points for the Wildcats, who couldn't capitalize after North Summit called a timeout with 5.9 seconds left — the Braves were out of timeouts and were assessed a two-shot technical foul. Richfield also missed two potential game-tying shots from the field and turned the ball over once in the final 15 seconds.
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery: Ansah...
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers to...
- How to watch Utah football stars, local...
- Herriman brothers say their bond, competition...
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins Bruin Classic
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015
- High school basketball: Morby's last-second...
- MountainStar Healthcare Star Athletes of Week 20
- Locals and the NFL playoffs: Alex... 1
- Herriman brothers say their bond,... 1
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015 0
- High school basketball: Morby's... 0
- How to watch Utah football stars, local... 0
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers... 0
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins... 0
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery:... 0