RICHFIELD — At the Sevier Valley Center, North Summit's Susie Stephens and Erica Richins each hit a free throw in the final 39 seconds, and Richfield missed the front end of two one-and-ones, plus both shots of a two-shot technical foul, in the last 1:10 to help the Braves grab a tense upset victory over the Wildcats.
Stephens and Samantha Nichols scored nine points apiece, Richins and Kassidee Evans each scored eight and McKell Richins added six more points in the Braves' brilliantly balanced attack.
Richfield's Megan Bean scored a game-high 16 points and tied the game at 38 with 1:42 remaining before fouling out with 39 seconds left. Sloane Roundy added 11 points for the Wildcats, who couldn't capitalize after North Summit called a timeout with 5.9 seconds left — the Braves were out of timeouts and were assessed a two-shot technical foul. Richfield also missed two potential game-tying shots from the field and turned the ball over once in the final 15 seconds.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45