April L. Brown, Associated Press
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — Rodney Cooper scored 17 points Thursday night as depleted Alabama held on for a 79-68 win at Arkansas.
The win is the second straight for the Crimson Tide, which played without leading scorers JaMychal Green and Tony Mitchell for the fourth straight game due to suspensions.
Alabama (18-9, 7-6 Southeastern Conference) trailed 39-35 late in the first half before going on a 19-2 run to go up 54-41. It then was able to fight off a late run by the Razorbacks.
Andrew Steele scored 15 points for the Crimson Tide, while Nick Jacobs and Trevor Releford had 14 each.
The loss for the Razorbacks (17-11, 5-8) is their second straight at home after opening the season 17-0 in Bud Walton Arena. BJ Young led Arkansas with 21 points and five assists.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 78
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 62
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 29
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 21
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20