April L. Brown, Associated Press
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — Rodney Cooper scored 17 points Thursday night as depleted Alabama held on for a 79-68 win at Arkansas.
The win is the second straight for the Crimson Tide, which played without leading scorers JaMychal Green and Tony Mitchell for the fourth straight game due to suspensions.
Alabama (18-9, 7-6 Southeastern Conference) trailed 39-35 late in the first half before going on a 19-2 run to go up 54-41. It then was able to fight off a late run by the Razorbacks.
Andrew Steele scored 15 points for the Crimson Tide, while Nick Jacobs and Trevor Releford had 14 each.
The loss for the Razorbacks (17-11, 5-8) is their second straight at home after opening the season 17-0 in Bud Walton Arena. BJ Young led Arkansas with 21 points and five assists.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- BYU coach Shawn Olmstead provided calming...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 25