April L. Brown, Associated Press
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — Rodney Cooper scored 17 points Thursday night as depleted Alabama held on for a 79-68 win at Arkansas.
The win is the second straight for the Crimson Tide, which played without leading scorers JaMychal Green and Tony Mitchell for the fourth straight game due to suspensions.
Alabama (18-9, 7-6 Southeastern Conference) trailed 39-35 late in the first half before going on a 19-2 run to go up 54-41. It then was able to fight off a late run by the Razorbacks.
Andrew Steele scored 15 points for the Crimson Tide, while Nick Jacobs and Trevor Releford had 14 each.
The loss for the Razorbacks (17-11, 5-8) is their second straight at home after opening the season 17-0 in Bud Walton Arena. BJ Young led Arkansas with 21 points and five assists.
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 285
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 77
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 48
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 38
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37