LOGAN — The 2011-12 season surely hasn't gone the way the Aggies had anticipated, but Utah State's three seniors will get their moment as a part of Aggies' senior night festivities before tomorrow evening's game against Idaho. Brockeith Pane, Morgan Grim and Brady Jardine will all be honored for the contributions to the team over their careers.
"I am very appreciative of what the seniors have done and I think that far too often seniors are judged by what kind of season you are having," Utah State coach Stew Morrill said. "They should really be judged … for their effort and trying to do everything they can day in and day out."
Pane is finishing up his second season with the team after transferring from Midland Junior College. Pane was named WAC preseason player of the year by the media entering the season and is averaging 12 points and nearly four assists a game.
Grim spent two seasons at Utah before transferring to Utah State to finish his college career. The Riverton native has averaged 8.9 points and 6.1 rebounds this season while dealing with foot and ankle injuries that would have ended most players' seasons.
Then there is Brady Jardine. Despite being with the Aggies since returning from his LDS Church mission, Jardine really only saw a little more than two seasons of action. The beginning of his freshman year was spent redshirting before being activated because of injury. His senior year was cut short after just three games when he suffered a career-ending foot injury.
"Quality, great young man with a bright future in life, kind of what college basketball should be all about, great student, very mature," Morrill said of Jardine. "Obviously it will be nice to have him honored, and it will be nice to have them all honored."
Aggies on the air
Idaho (16-11, 7-4)
vs. Utah State (14-14, 5-6)
Friday, 7 p.m. (MT)
Radio: 610 AM, 97.5 FM
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty overturned,...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down Utah and...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker: Week 3
- Virginia gearing up for big road test at No....
- Heisman Trophy tracker: Week 3, injuries...
- Amy Donaldson: Domestic violence isn't a...
- Sports BLT video: Bronco Mendenhall provides...
- AAC commish: BYU is a 'power' team 134
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a... 102
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 63
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No.... 61
- Vai's View: BYU's greatest quarterback... 51
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Is BYU... 50
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 49
- BYU off to first 3-0 start in 6... 47