The latest from BuzzFeed's McKay Coppins offers a glimpse into the social media savvy of Mitt Romney and his family.
"Romney and his sons rarely get the credit they deserve for their fluency with new media: The five brothers maintained a blog in the old bloggy years of 2008. Three of them have Twitter feeds for the Social Web of 2012. One daughter-in-law, Mary Romney, even maintains a well-kept mommy blog, studded with images of a loose candidate, mussed hair and all, while her husband, Craig, blogged his way across the country in the summer of 2009. It's the sort of humanizing touch that makes new media operatives beam with pride.
"And yet for their constant sharing, the Romneys are frustratingly inaccessible. The candidate continues to struggle for the emotional connections that would rally voters and bring in small contributions over the Internet. His family faces the constant, absurd criticism that it's too attractive, too perfect."
Check out Coppins' article and judge for yourself.
- The Great War: 100 photos marking 100 years...
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Ebola kills Liberian doctor, 2 Americans...
- Northern California wildfire destroys 10 homes
- Trial begins for Salt Lake attorney seeking...
- Sarah Palin launches online subscription channel
- Judge rules against Donald Sterling, OKs...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 25
- Feds cap fines for not buying health... 22
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- After government topples crosses in... 17
- Ted Cruz demands answers on FAA flight... 16
- Varying health premium subsidy amounts... 13
- Gaza sides agree to lull but truce... 13
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 13