The latest from BuzzFeed's McKay Coppins offers a glimpse into the social media savvy of Mitt Romney and his family.
"Romney and his sons rarely get the credit they deserve for their fluency with new media: The five brothers maintained a blog in the old bloggy years of 2008. Three of them have Twitter feeds for the Social Web of 2012. One daughter-in-law, Mary Romney, even maintains a well-kept mommy blog, studded with images of a loose candidate, mussed hair and all, while her husband, Craig, blogged his way across the country in the summer of 2009. It's the sort of humanizing touch that makes new media operatives beam with pride.
"And yet for their constant sharing, the Romneys are frustratingly inaccessible. The candidate continues to struggle for the emotional connections that would rally voters and bring in small contributions over the Internet. His family faces the constant, absurd criticism that it's too attractive, too perfect."
Check out Coppins' article and judge for yourself.
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Scholarship lotteries, popular with everyone,...
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are they...
- 'I am Adam Lanza's Mother' author Liza Long...
- Top 15 states for education
- Racing wildfire engulfs homes in California town
- Wearing this one thing can help boost a...
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a threat to...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 67
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Obama 'confident' of Islamic State... 19
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 13
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 12
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 11
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 9
- US won't rule out working with Iran... 6