NEW YORK — A new musical bringing together Tony Award-winner Harvey Fierstein and rock icon Cyndi Lauper is to high-step it to Chicago this fall.
Producers said Wednesday that "Kinky Boots" will make its world premiere at the Bank of America Theatre in October ahead of a possible Broadway transfer. Casting and specific dates haven't been announced.
The musical is based on the 2005 British movie about a failing shoe factory that's struggling following the death of its founder until it finds new life in fetish footwear.
Story writer Fierstein is known for his witty musicals like "La Cage Aux Folles" (lah-KAJ'-oh-FOHL') and "Newsies." Lauper, the singer-songwriter behind such hits as "True Colors" and "Girls Just Want to Have Fun," will be making her theatrical debut with music and lyrics for "Kinky Boots."
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say they’re...
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in Germany...
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says violated its...
- Officer charged with murder in teen's death;...
- Group raised suspicions before 5 were shot at...
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back waterboarding
- Minneapolis police say 5 shot near protest scene
- They put the giving in Thanksgiving
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say... 46
- Trump says he saw people celebrating... 38
- Carson tops new poll of Utah voters 29
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back... 25
- Kerry: US trying to speed up efforts to... 23
- Terrorism propaganda assignment causes... 15
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says... 14
- New school lunch regulations could turn... 12