NEW YORK — A new musical bringing together Tony Award-winner Harvey Fierstein and rock icon Cyndi Lauper is to high-step it to Chicago this fall.
Producers said Wednesday that "Kinky Boots" will make its world premiere at the Bank of America Theatre in October ahead of a possible Broadway transfer. Casting and specific dates haven't been announced.
The musical is based on the 2005 British movie about a failing shoe factory that's struggling following the death of its founder until it finds new life in fetish footwear.
Story writer Fierstein is known for his witty musicals like "La Cage Aux Folles" (lah-KAJ'-oh-FOHL') and "Newsies." Lauper, the singer-songwriter behind such hits as "True Colors" and "Girls Just Want to Have Fun," will be making her theatrical debut with music and lyrics for "Kinky Boots."
- AirAsia plane carrying 162 lost in stormy...
- Cancer patient turns big goodbye to wedding...
- Box Office: 'Hobbit' wins Christmas, 'Big...
- Heroes 2014: Meet the disruptive visionary...
- Yes-We-Can president faces twilight of maybes
- What the Senate’s tax break extensions...
- Key developments in disappearance of AirAsia jet
- Police outside cop funeral turn backs on NYC...
- Obama 's Christmas in Hawaii: Carols,... 16
- Yes-We-Can president faces twilight of... 14
- On Christmas, Obama marks end of Afghan... 13
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near... 11
- N. Korea compares Obama to monkey in... 10
- Senate, CIA agree torture program was... 7
- Largest quarterly GDP growth since 2003... 7
- Jeb Bush to step down from Tenet... 5