NEW YORK — A new musical bringing together Tony Award-winner Harvey Fierstein and rock icon Cyndi Lauper is to high-step it to Chicago this fall.
Producers said Wednesday that "Kinky Boots" will make its world premiere at the Bank of America Theatre in October ahead of a possible Broadway transfer. Casting and specific dates haven't been announced.
The musical is based on the 2005 British movie about a failing shoe factory that's struggling following the death of its founder until it finds new life in fetish footwear.
Story writer Fierstein is known for his witty musicals like "La Cage Aux Folles" (lah-KAJ'-oh-FOHL') and "Newsies." Lauper, the singer-songwriter behind such hits as "True Colors" and "Girls Just Want to Have Fun," will be making her theatrical debut with music and lyrics for "Kinky Boots."
- 'I am Adam Lanza's Mother' author Liza Long...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are they...
- Scholarship lotteries, popular with everyone,...
- Racing wildfire engulfs homes in California town
- Top 15 states for education
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at opponents
- Feds chase treasure hunter turned fugitive
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 67
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Obama 'confident' of Islamic State... 19
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 13
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 11
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 10
- Can Obama wage war without consent of... 5
- Rare snowstorm slams Rockies states,... 5