Mitt Romney came to Utah this last weekend to take a break from the campaign trail and thank all of us who helped make the 2002 Winter Olympics a huge success. Unfortunately, there were some who tried to continue politics as usual and minimize his role in this event.
As a volunteer at the games, I saw Romney organize us in an impressive way in order to maximize and direct our efforts. In my opinion, he is the kind of person who would be very effective as president because he knows how to bring people together. Ben Franklin also understood that when each side gives a little for the common good, it can produce great results.
The Obama left and the Republican far right have amply demonstrated how failure to do this stalls progress. Let's elect someone who can move this great country forward by maximizing the talents of all.
Michael H. Stevens
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Supreme Court ruling for...
- My view: Move the prison for the sake of...
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the...
- In our opinion: Declaration of Independence...
- Jay Evensen: Don't let an apocalypse-free...
- My view: Everything you think you know about...
- Letter: Shredded Constitution
- Letter: Patriotism has not died
- Letter: Shredded Constitution 95
- Letter: Disregarding liberty, laws 51
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 40
- Letter: Trump’s chances 35
- Robert J. Samuelson: Are policies... 31
- Richard Davis: Time to fix Obamacare... 29
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the... 26
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21