Mitt Romney came to Utah this last weekend to take a break from the campaign trail and thank all of us who helped make the 2002 Winter Olympics a huge success. Unfortunately, there were some who tried to continue politics as usual and minimize his role in this event.
As a volunteer at the games, I saw Romney organize us in an impressive way in order to maximize and direct our efforts. In my opinion, he is the kind of person who would be very effective as president because he knows how to bring people together. Ben Franklin also understood that when each side gives a little for the common good, it can produce great results.
The Obama left and the Republican far right have amply demonstrated how failure to do this stalls progress. Let's elect someone who can move this great country forward by maximizing the talents of all.
Michael H. Stevens
Salt Lake City
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap? Colleges...
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more than a...
- In our opinion: Labor Day revisited
- John Hoffmire: Monied interests and democracy
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: How Utah...
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 45
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more... 41
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 37
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Letter: Society puzzles 33
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 32
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common... 31