Mitt Romney came to Utah this last weekend to take a break from the campaign trail and thank all of us who helped make the 2002 Winter Olympics a huge success. Unfortunately, there were some who tried to continue politics as usual and minimize his role in this event.
As a volunteer at the games, I saw Romney organize us in an impressive way in order to maximize and direct our efforts. In my opinion, he is the kind of person who would be very effective as president because he knows how to bring people together. Ben Franklin also understood that when each side gives a little for the common good, it can produce great results.
The Obama left and the Republican far right have amply demonstrated how failure to do this stalls progress. Let's elect someone who can move this great country forward by maximizing the talents of all.
Michael H. Stevens
Salt Lake City
- My view: Has Utah's new election law created...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Let us praise GDP
- In our opinion: The special session supports...
- My view: History of abolitionists teach us an...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Goodbye, Rickey Smith
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme Court...
- John Florez: A father's heartbreaking letter
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 77
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme... 49
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 37
- My view: Has Utah's new election law... 22
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 21
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19
- My view: Biggest reason for physician... 17
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout... 16