Mitt Romney came to Utah this last weekend to take a break from the campaign trail and thank all of us who helped make the 2002 Winter Olympics a huge success. Unfortunately, there were some who tried to continue politics as usual and minimize his role in this event.
As a volunteer at the games, I saw Romney organize us in an impressive way in order to maximize and direct our efforts. In my opinion, he is the kind of person who would be very effective as president because he knows how to bring people together. Ben Franklin also understood that when each side gives a little for the common good, it can produce great results.
The Obama left and the Republican far right have amply demonstrated how failure to do this stalls progress. Let's elect someone who can move this great country forward by maximizing the talents of all.
Michael H. Stevens
Salt Lake City
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot 'progress'...
- My view: Medicaid will sting Beehive State's...
- Letter: Moral decline
- Letter: My sons
- John Hoffmire: Unknowingly raising another...
- Jay Evensen: U2's 'free' album highlights...
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage, Utah...
- Who likes Obama's ISIS plan, and who doesn't
- Letter: Moral decline 87
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 65
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage,... 55
- In our opinion: Some universities... 45
- Politico Magazine: If Mitt Romney runs... 44
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move... 40
- My view: Government broadband spells... 28
- In our opinion: Revisiting racial... 25