Mitt Romney came to Utah this last weekend to take a break from the campaign trail and thank all of us who helped make the 2002 Winter Olympics a huge success. Unfortunately, there were some who tried to continue politics as usual and minimize his role in this event.
As a volunteer at the games, I saw Romney organize us in an impressive way in order to maximize and direct our efforts. In my opinion, he is the kind of person who would be very effective as president because he knows how to bring people together. Ben Franklin also understood that when each side gives a little for the common good, it can produce great results.
The Obama left and the Republican far right have amply demonstrated how failure to do this stalls progress. Let's elect someone who can move this great country forward by maximizing the talents of all.
Michael H. Stevens
Salt Lake City
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- Jay Evensen: Unfortunately, Canada may never...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- Michael Gerson: The new impression of Ebola...
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- My view: The best legislation meets all sides
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 73
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 33
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 27
- My view: Congress must tackle tough issues 24