Phil Sandlin, Associated Press
GAINESVILLE, Fla. — Kenny Boynton was part of a hot shooting night for No. 12 Florida, scoring 20 points as the Gators overcome 18 turnovers and beat Auburn 63-47 Tuesday night.
Boynton made 7 of 11 shots from the field, including 6 of 9 from 3-point range.
Florida (22-6, 10-3 Southeastern Conference) had 15 turnovers in the first 27 minutes, an error-filled start that had coach Billy Donovan seething and the Tigers (14-13, 4-9) leading.
The Gators eventually settled down and used a 26-4 run to turn a one-point deficit into a double-digit lead.
Florida's biggest concern after that was the health of forward Will Yeguete, who injured his left ankle with a little more than 10 minutes to play.
Adrian Forbes led Auburn with 11 points. He was the team's only player in double figures. Kenny Gabriel fell hard to the court twice, and Chris Denson was helped to the locker room with an apparent knee injury.
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- Utes drop out of national rankings following...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Arizona teaches Utes about waiting
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- Local flavor in the NBA: Lillard continues to...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 143
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 116
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 38
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 37
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 36
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 31
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach... 23
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21