Eric Gay, Associated Press
PHOENIX — GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum is making increasingly harsh remarks about President Barack Obama. He questions not only Obama's competence but also his motives and even his Christian values.
Santorum says Obama cares only about power, not the "interests of people." He says the president's health care overhaul includes a "hidden message" about the president's disregard for impaired fetuses, which might be aborted.
Santorum even seemed to compare Obama to Adolf Hitler, although he denied trying to do so.
Santorum's remarks contrast with those of Mitt Romney. Romney generally says Obama is decent but inept.
Newt Gingrich also challenges Obama's motives. He called Obama the most dangerous president in modern U.S. history.
- Photos: UCLA wades through damage caused by...
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the time'
- Child sex trafficking bust reveals worries...
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should offer...
- Georgia girl struck by plane on Florida beach...
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit against Obama
- Democrats have million-dollar day on impeachment
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 44
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 44
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 25
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 18
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 15
- Democrats have million-dollar day on... 13
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule;... 12