Netflix says it will stream certain movies from The Weinstein Co., including "The Artist," under an exclusive licensing agreement.
The companies say their multiyear agreement will cover foreign-language movies, documentaries and some other films in the Weinstein vault and make them available for instant viewing on Netflix.
Netflix Inc. says it will get some films within a year of their release in movie theaters. It says it will show "The Artist," a silent movie that has received 10 Academy Award nominations, before it appears on premium cable-TV networks.
The companies aren't disclosing financial terms.
Netflix shares rose $3.30, or 2.7 percent, to $125.15 Tuesday morning.
Netflix is based in Los Gatos, Calif.
- What could McDonald's do to fix its business?
- How one woman unplugged from technology for...
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy...
- Don't be surprised if you find your boss...
- Photos: Sharing birthday wishes
- Nibley water ban in place until at least...
- The other gender gap less people are talking...
- Diet Pepsi dropping aspartame on customer...
- What could McDonald's do to fix its... 10
- Are you ready to start using a digital... 5
- Airline industry is least liked... 4
- How much money should you be saving... 4
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy... 3
- Photos: Sharing birthday wishes 2
- Why McDonald's is still a powerhouse,... 1
- US stocks waver as corporate earnings... 1