Utah Jazz: Jazz can't deliver with the Mailman watching
Devin Harris added 15 points and four assists, C.J. Miles contributed 13 points off the bench in his best performance in some time, and Josh Howard scored a dozen points with seven boards in a starting role.
Though they played one of their stronger games in quite a while against a top-notch opponent, the Jazz just couldn't quite catch up with the Spurs in the closing moments after San Antonio turned a three-point deficit early in the fourth into a five-point edge.
Jefferson's jumper bounced off the rim and into Parker's hands with 29.9 remaining, and the Jazz chose to play defense for the 24-second shot clock rather than foul the Spurs.
Their defensive effort seemed to be going very well until the Spurs swung the ball around the court to an open Jefferson, who lifted San Antonio to its fifth straight win over Utah.
"We just have to keep fighting," Corbin said. "We just didn't get the calls or get the plays right at the end of the game, and it's tough for us. It's a tough one to take, but you've got to move forward.
GAME NOTES: The Jazz were down a man as starting shooting guard Raja Bell was unable to go due to a strained left adductor (groin) incurred in Sunday's loss. … Bell's absence allowed small forward DeMarre Carroll to dress in a Jazz uniform and sit on the bench for the first time since he was picked up by Utah off the waiver wire on Feb. 8. Carroll didn't play. … San Antonio was without Manu Ginobili (oblique), Tiago Splitter (calf) and T.J. Ford (hamstring).
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Amy Donaldson: Not deciding on a starting...
- Utah Jazz give key starters a break in 98-91...
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Utes continue Pac-12 'meat grinder' with...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 46
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 25