Jim Urquhart, Associated Press
GUARDS: Devin Harris had a pretty solid night offensively. He shot the ball well, and did a decent job of distributing. Gordon Hayward started at shooting guard in place of the injured Raja Bell and didn't make much of an impact. Tony Parker played like an All-Star for the Spurs.
FORWARDS: Josh Howard started and had his most productive game in more than two weeks, but made a costly turnover late in the fourth quarter. Paul Millsap recorded his 11th double-double of the season, but had a subpar shooting game. The Spurs mostly ran their offense through Tim Duncan, and he was masterful as usual. Richard Jefferson hit a couple of huge baskets in the fourth quarter.
CENTERS: Al Jefferson had his 14th double-double of the season, but missed two shots in a 35-second span with Utah trailing 102-100. The Spurs made the Jazz pay after the second miss, putting the game out of reach with a 3-pointer. DeJuan Blair is a pain for the Jazz. He had 15 points after scoring 17 against them on Dec. 31.
BENCH: C.J. Miles was the only Jazz reserve to score in double figures (13 points) and Utah was missing its usual spark from Earl Watson. The Spurs' bench got 20 points from Matt Bonner and outscored Utah's reserves, 43-31.
OVERALL: The Jazz came close to upsetting the league's hottest team, but had too many costly mistakes and misses down the stretch. The Spurs are a veteran club that knows how to win close games. The Jazz aren't on their level yet, but had a good overall effort.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 58
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Dick Harmon: It's Taysom Hill time on... 28
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28