Jim Urquhart, Associated Press
GUARDS: Devin Harris had a pretty solid night offensively. He shot the ball well, and did a decent job of distributing. Gordon Hayward started at shooting guard in place of the injured Raja Bell and didn't make much of an impact. Tony Parker played like an All-Star for the Spurs.
FORWARDS: Josh Howard started and had his most productive game in more than two weeks, but made a costly turnover late in the fourth quarter. Paul Millsap recorded his 11th double-double of the season, but had a subpar shooting game. The Spurs mostly ran their offense through Tim Duncan, and he was masterful as usual. Richard Jefferson hit a couple of huge baskets in the fourth quarter.
CENTERS: Al Jefferson had his 14th double-double of the season, but missed two shots in a 35-second span with Utah trailing 102-100. The Spurs made the Jazz pay after the second miss, putting the game out of reach with a 3-pointer. DeJuan Blair is a pain for the Jazz. He had 15 points after scoring 17 against them on Dec. 31.
BENCH: C.J. Miles was the only Jazz reserve to score in double figures (13 points) and Utah was missing its usual spark from Earl Watson. The Spurs' bench got 20 points from Matt Bonner and outscored Utah's reserves, 43-31.
OVERALL: The Jazz came close to upsetting the league's hottest team, but had too many costly mistakes and misses down the stretch. The Spurs are a veteran club that knows how to win close games. The Jazz aren't on their level yet, but had a good overall effort.
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- Busch turns weekend into clean sweep with...
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s...
- Kevin Durant leads US to second exhibition...
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- NFL clears Peyton Manning of HGH allegations
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 105
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 62
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 55
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 54
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 41
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 25
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 16