Jim Urquhart, Associated Press
GUARDS: Devin Harris had a pretty solid night offensively. He shot the ball well, and did a decent job of distributing. Gordon Hayward started at shooting guard in place of the injured Raja Bell and didn't make much of an impact. Tony Parker played like an All-Star for the Spurs.
FORWARDS: Josh Howard started and had his most productive game in more than two weeks, but made a costly turnover late in the fourth quarter. Paul Millsap recorded his 11th double-double of the season, but had a subpar shooting game. The Spurs mostly ran their offense through Tim Duncan, and he was masterful as usual. Richard Jefferson hit a couple of huge baskets in the fourth quarter.
CENTERS: Al Jefferson had his 14th double-double of the season, but missed two shots in a 35-second span with Utah trailing 102-100. The Spurs made the Jazz pay after the second miss, putting the game out of reach with a 3-pointer. DeJuan Blair is a pain for the Jazz. He had 15 points after scoring 17 against them on Dec. 31.
BENCH: C.J. Miles was the only Jazz reserve to score in double figures (13 points) and Utah was missing its usual spark from Earl Watson. The Spurs' bench got 20 points from Matt Bonner and outscored Utah's reserves, 43-31.
OVERALL: The Jazz came close to upsetting the league's hottest team, but had too many costly mistakes and misses down the stretch. The Spurs are a veteran club that knows how to win close games. The Jazz aren't on their level yet, but had a good overall effort.
- Utah Jazz coach Quin Snyder trying to manage...
- BYU freshman Michael Shelton making a home...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon features BYU,...
- Hayward looking like Captain America early in...
- SUU pushes forward after...
- Utah Jazz outlast the Los Angeles Lakers...
- BYU coaches continue helping players...
- Ansah, Wagner or Weddle: Which local had the...
- College football: Utes climb to No. 5... 56
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 46
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 45
- ESPN's College GameDay is coming to... 34
- After win, BYU looking to improve, get... 26
- BYU overcomes mistakes, downs UConn,... 23
- Dick Harmon: Mangum uses chunk yardage... 22
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 21