SALT LAKE CITY Raja Bell is out. DeMarre Carroll is in.
Bell will miss his fourth game this season with a groin injury after straining his left adductor during the Utah Jazz's 101-85 loss to the Houston Rockets on Sunday.
The 35-year-old starting shooting guard missed three games earlier this season with a strained right adductor. Last season, Bell missed four games with adductor issues.
Bell's pain is Carroll's gain.
The small forward will get his first opportunity to wear a Jazz uniform since being acquired off the waiver wire Feb. 8 from the Denver Nuggets.
Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said he would be open to playing the 6-foot-8, 212-pounder tonight against the San Antonio Spurs.
Carroll was drafted by Memphis out of Missouri with the 27th pick of the 2009 NBA Draft. He has since had brief stints with Houston and Denver.
In 87 appearances, Carroll has averaged 2.7 points on 40.8 percent shooting and 1.9 rebounds. He did, however, make all six shots he took while with the Nuggets before being waived earlier this month.
With Bell out, the Jazz will start Josh Howard at small forward, while Gordon Hayward will slide into the shooting guard role.
Al Jefferson will play after experiencing a slight abdominal pull in Sunday's loss.
The Spurs, meantime, will be without standout swingman Manu Ginobili (oblique), big man Tiago Splitter (calf) and guard T.J. Ford (hamstring).
San Antonio, which has won 10 straight, will start Tony Parker, Danny Green, Richard Jefferson, Tim Duncan and DeJuan Blair.
- Utah high schoolers who've reached the Super...
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'...
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around as...
- Utes get it done at home again
- Former Utah Jazz guard Deron Williams had...
- Utah Utes still pursuing several big-time...
- BYU basketball analysis: Why the Cougars...
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes still outstanding from...
- Brad Rock: BYU asleep at the switch on... 98
- BYU, Michigan State agree to... 90
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 61
- Dick Harmon: BYU continuing new policy... 55
- Utah football: Utes add former BYU... 51
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 28
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 28