SALT LAKE CITY Raja Bell is out. DeMarre Carroll is in.
Bell will miss his fourth game this season with a groin injury after straining his left adductor during the Utah Jazz's 101-85 loss to the Houston Rockets on Sunday.
The 35-year-old starting shooting guard missed three games earlier this season with a strained right adductor. Last season, Bell missed four games with adductor issues.
Bell's pain is Carroll's gain.
The small forward will get his first opportunity to wear a Jazz uniform since being acquired off the waiver wire Feb. 8 from the Denver Nuggets.
Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said he would be open to playing the 6-foot-8, 212-pounder tonight against the San Antonio Spurs.
Carroll was drafted by Memphis out of Missouri with the 27th pick of the 2009 NBA Draft. He has since had brief stints with Houston and Denver.
In 87 appearances, Carroll has averaged 2.7 points on 40.8 percent shooting and 1.9 rebounds. He did, however, make all six shots he took while with the Nuggets before being waived earlier this month.
With Bell out, the Jazz will start Josh Howard at small forward, while Gordon Hayward will slide into the shooting guard role.
Al Jefferson will play after experiencing a slight abdominal pull in Sunday's loss.
The Spurs, meantime, will be without standout swingman Manu Ginobili (oblique), big man Tiago Splitter (calf) and guard T.J. Ford (hamstring).
San Antonio, which has won 10 straight, will start Tony Parker, Danny Green, Richard Jefferson, Tim Duncan and DeJuan Blair.
- BYU basketball: Confident San Francisco...
- Ranking the best NBA players to ever come out...
- Former Lone Peak center Justin Hamilton makes...
- Basketball bonds: Hoops have tied Utah star...
- 15 lessons learned from a BYU rugby game
- Utah Jazz: Boos for Paul Millsap?...
- High school boys basketball: TJ Haws' career...
- Photo story: What teenagers taught me at the...
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in... 84
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 72
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit... 57
- Doug Robinson: Time to move on for... 44
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 34
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes eager to... 28
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks... 26