SALT LAKE CITY Raja Bell is out. DeMarre Carroll is in.
Bell will miss his fourth game this season with a groin injury after straining his left adductor during the Utah Jazz's 101-85 loss to the Houston Rockets on Sunday.
The 35-year-old starting shooting guard missed three games earlier this season with a strained right adductor. Last season, Bell missed four games with adductor issues.
Bell's pain is Carroll's gain.
The small forward will get his first opportunity to wear a Jazz uniform since being acquired off the waiver wire Feb. 8 from the Denver Nuggets.
Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said he would be open to playing the 6-foot-8, 212-pounder tonight against the San Antonio Spurs.
Carroll was drafted by Memphis out of Missouri with the 27th pick of the 2009 NBA Draft. He has since had brief stints with Houston and Denver.
In 87 appearances, Carroll has averaged 2.7 points on 40.8 percent shooting and 1.9 rebounds. He did, however, make all six shots he took while with the Nuggets before being waived earlier this month.
With Bell out, the Jazz will start Josh Howard at small forward, while Gordon Hayward will slide into the shooting guard role.
Al Jefferson will play after experiencing a slight abdominal pull in Sunday's loss.
The Spurs, meantime, will be without standout swingman Manu Ginobili (oblique), big man Tiago Splitter (calf) and guard T.J. Ford (hamstring).
San Antonio, which has won 10 straight, will start Tony Parker, Danny Green, Richard Jefferson, Tim Duncan and DeJuan Blair.
- The Utah football 100: Ranking the best...
- BYU basketball: What we learned from 4 games...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Aug. 28
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU best-case,...
- BYU football: With opener one week away,...
- Friday night lights: Live coverage of the...
- Dick Harmon: BYU workhorse running back Nate...
- New York Jets waive former BYU quarterback...
- Morning links: Cougars, Utes to face... 74
- Guest commentary: How to spice up BYU... 61
- Rock On: Sarkisian runs afoul of BYU... 39
- BYU football: Lone Peak's Jackson... 31
- New York Jets waive former BYU... 29
- Dick Harmon: BYU Cougars find new... 28
- Morning links: Utes are the Pac-12's 'X... 27
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 24