The World-Herald, Matt Miller) MAGS OUT TV OUT, Associated Press
OMAHA, Neb. — Creighton coach Greg McDermott says the Bluejays should lock up their first NCAA tournament bid since 2007 if they can finish the regular season with two wins.
McDermott said Monday that a loss to either Evansville or Indiana State will leave the Bluejays feeling anxious heading to St. Louis for next week's Missouri Valley Conference tournament.
The Bluejays (23-5, 12-4 MVC) lost three straight games before winning at Southern Illinois and at home in dramatic fashion against Long Beach State in Saturday's BracketBuster game.
McDermott said he hopes NCAA selection committee members who watched the 81-79 win over the 49ers on Antoine Young's last-second shot were impressed.
Creighton plays Evansville (14-13, 8-8) at home on Tuesday. The Aces beat the Bluejays 65-57 two weeks ago.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19