Driehaus also faces Madisonville Democrat Luke Brockmeier, who is making his first run for public office.
Brockmeier has the backing of Courage PAC, the political action committee headed by former Ohio Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner, a Democrat. The endorsement made note of the fact Brockmeier is the only abortion-rights proponent in the primary. Tranter, meanwhile, garnered the Ohio Right to Life endorsement in the contest.
Driehaus is one of six incumbent House Democrats who face primary challengers, including Minority Leader Armond Budish of Beachwood.
Cincinnati Tea Party founder Mike Wilson is hoping to again challenge Democratic incumbent Rep. Connie Pillich. Their match-up in 2010 triggered automatic recounts. Pillich, a Cincinnati lawyer, edged out Wilson by just over 600 votes.
Wilson first must beat Republican Lonnie Bowling Jr. in the Hamilton County primary.
So far, the GOP outpaced their Democratic rivals in campaign cash at the start of the 2012 election cycle.
In their most recent campaign filings, legislative Republicans reported raising nearly $4.2 million. That's 17 times the cash of their Democratic rivals.
House Republicans raised $2.7 million and have $4.1 million on hand to spend. Senate Republicans raised $1.5 million and have $3.5 million on hand.
House Democrats raised a fraction of that. They reported collecting about $417,000 in donations, with $411,000 on hand. Senate Democrats raised even less — about $35,000 — and have less than $39,000 in the bank.
Ohio Secretary of State: http://bit.ly/wSOEBm
- The LDS Church's call for balance between gay...
- Cumberbatch, Fry, others urge UK to pardon...
- Romney's exit unleashes race for donors among...
- Video: Islamic State group beheads Japanese...
- Former GOP nominee Romney will not run for...
- List: 10 Super Bowl ads you'll be talking about
- Obama budget sets up battle with...
- Top Catholics and evangelicals: Gay marriage...
- Former GOP nominee Romney will not run... 79
- Top Catholics and evangelicals: Gay... 59
- Mitt Romney courts middle class, jabs... 40
- The LDS Church's call for balance... 32
- Attorney General nominee picks up... 14
- House GOP moves toward possible lawsuit... 11
- Prosecutors promise thorough probe of... 11
- Keystone XL pipeline wins Senate vote... 10