Driehaus also faces Madisonville Democrat Luke Brockmeier, who is making his first run for public office.
Brockmeier has the backing of Courage PAC, the political action committee headed by former Ohio Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner, a Democrat. The endorsement made note of the fact Brockmeier is the only abortion-rights proponent in the primary. Tranter, meanwhile, garnered the Ohio Right to Life endorsement in the contest.
Driehaus is one of six incumbent House Democrats who face primary challengers, including Minority Leader Armond Budish of Beachwood.
Cincinnati Tea Party founder Mike Wilson is hoping to again challenge Democratic incumbent Rep. Connie Pillich. Their match-up in 2010 triggered automatic recounts. Pillich, a Cincinnati lawyer, edged out Wilson by just over 600 votes.
Wilson first must beat Republican Lonnie Bowling Jr. in the Hamilton County primary.
So far, the GOP outpaced their Democratic rivals in campaign cash at the start of the 2012 election cycle.
In their most recent campaign filings, legislative Republicans reported raising nearly $4.2 million. That's 17 times the cash of their Democratic rivals.
House Republicans raised $2.7 million and have $4.1 million on hand to spend. Senate Republicans raised $1.5 million and have $3.5 million on hand.
House Democrats raised a fraction of that. They reported collecting about $417,000 in donations, with $411,000 on hand. Senate Democrats raised even less — about $35,000 — and have less than $39,000 in the bank.
Ohio Secretary of State: http://bit.ly/wSOEBm
- 'I am Adam Lanza's Mother' author Liza Long...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at opponents
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on state...
- Feds chase treasure hunter turned fugitive
- The best (and worst) states when it comes to...
- Miss New York chosen as Miss America 2015
- Britain mourns aid worker slain by Islamic...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 65
- Obama 'confident' of Islamic State... 19
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 19
- US, Arab allies committed to fighting... 15
- Here's how U.S. churches are changing... 15
- Ted Cruz was booed off stage for... 14
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 11
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 10