Driehaus also faces Madisonville Democrat Luke Brockmeier, who is making his first run for public office.
Brockmeier has the backing of Courage PAC, the political action committee headed by former Ohio Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner, a Democrat. The endorsement made note of the fact Brockmeier is the only abortion-rights proponent in the primary. Tranter, meanwhile, garnered the Ohio Right to Life endorsement in the contest.
Driehaus is one of six incumbent House Democrats who face primary challengers, including Minority Leader Armond Budish of Beachwood.
Cincinnati Tea Party founder Mike Wilson is hoping to again challenge Democratic incumbent Rep. Connie Pillich. Their match-up in 2010 triggered automatic recounts. Pillich, a Cincinnati lawyer, edged out Wilson by just over 600 votes.
Wilson first must beat Republican Lonnie Bowling Jr. in the Hamilton County primary.
So far, the GOP outpaced their Democratic rivals in campaign cash at the start of the 2012 election cycle.
In their most recent campaign filings, legislative Republicans reported raising nearly $4.2 million. That's 17 times the cash of their Democratic rivals.
House Republicans raised $2.7 million and have $4.1 million on hand to spend. Senate Republicans raised $1.5 million and have $3.5 million on hand.
House Democrats raised a fraction of that. They reported collecting about $417,000 in donations, with $411,000 on hand. Senate Democrats raised even less — about $35,000 — and have less than $39,000 in the bank.
Ohio Secretary of State: http://bit.ly/wSOEBm
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- 'Tomorrowland' takes top spot at box office...
- The Latest on weather: Third body pulled from...
- This innovative high school program is...
- Memorial Day 2015 photo gallery: Celebrating...
- The 10 best cities in America for job seekers...
- Boy Scouts' leader says ban on gay adults not...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 22
- Clinton: GOP threatening small-business... 19
- Ireland has voted to legalize gay... 18
- Ohio patrolman acquitted in shooting... 16
- 'Such a stress reliever': In Rhode... 13
- Gays wake up to changed Ireland, let... 12
- Ireland votes on gay marriage; Catholic... 11
- Democrats see skimpy insurance as the... 11