NEWARK, N.J. — Whitney Houston's ex-husband, Bobby Brown, briefly appeared at her funeral.
Brown arrived as the Saturday service began. He walked to the casket, touched it and walked to the back of the church.
He says in a statement that he and his children were seated but asked repeatedly to move. Brown says he left because he didn't want to create a scene. As he left, Brown appeared upset.
Later Saturday, Brown performed in Connecticut with New Edition. He appeared energetic and smiling. He thanked the crowd for keeping his spirits up. At one point, he pointed his finger to the sky and said, "Blessings to my ex-wife, Whitney Houston. I love you."
Houston and Brown were married 15 years and had one daughter. Their tumultuous relationship ended in 2007.
- 'I am Adam Lanza's Mother' author Liza Long...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at opponents
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on state...
- Feds chase treasure hunter turned fugitive
- Miss New York chosen as Miss America 2015
- The best (and worst) states when it comes to...
- Britain mourns aid worker slain by Islamic...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 65
- Obama 'confident' of Islamic State... 19
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 19
- US, Arab allies committed to fighting... 15
- Here's how U.S. churches are changing... 15
- Ted Cruz was booed off stage for... 14
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 11
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 10