NEWARK, N.J. — Whitney Houston's ex-husband, Bobby Brown, briefly appeared at her funeral.
Brown arrived as the Saturday service began. He walked to the casket, touched it and walked to the back of the church.
He says in a statement that he and his children were seated but asked repeatedly to move. Brown says he left because he didn't want to create a scene. As he left, Brown appeared upset.
Later Saturday, Brown performed in Connecticut with New Edition. He appeared energetic and smiling. He thanked the crowd for keeping his spirits up. At one point, he pointed his finger to the sky and said, "Blessings to my ex-wife, Whitney Houston. I love you."
Houston and Brown were married 15 years and had one daughter. Their tumultuous relationship ended in 2007.
- Heroes 2014: Ex-CIA officer uses...
- Photo gallery: Christmas around the world
- On Christmas, Obama marks end of Afghan combat
- Bad Santa? 5 tips to tackle your holiday gift...
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near Ferguson
- How to help find a cure for Ebola from the...
- Our six heroes of 2014
- Capacity crowds pack screenings of 'The...
- Obama 's Christmas in Hawaii: Carols,... 15
- Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat... 14
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near... 11
- Key developments in the case of slain... 10
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican... 9
- On Christmas, Obama marks end of Afghan... 8
- Senate, CIA agree torture program was... 6
- Sony announces limited release for 'The... 5