LAS VEGAS — The Las Vegas Wranglers held on to defeat the Utah Grizzlies 2-1 Saturday night at Orleans Arena.
The Wranglers took a 1-0 lead 1:49 into the game and made it 2-0 10:07 into the second period scoring both goals on the power play from Josh Lunden.
The Grizzlies made it 2-1 with 3:09 left in regulation as Kory Falite crossed the blue line and backhanded the puck into the Las Vegas net.
Utah called timeout with just under a minute left to setup a six-on-five situation with an empty-net and had the puck come just wide at the buzzer as they looked for the late equalizer. Utah outshot Las Vegas 12-4 in the third period and 26-19 in the game.
The Grizzlies and Wranglers meet again Monday at 12:59 a.m. in a game that will start just prior to midnight in Las Vegas.
Utah returns home March 5 to open four-games-in-six-nights set.
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 107
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 32
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 22
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20