WACO, Texas — Brittney Griner and the top-ranked Baylor Lady Bears are still undefeated and already have at least a share of the Big 12 conference title.
Griner had 18 points, 14 rebounds and matched a career high with five assists as Baylor overcame one of its worst extended stretches of bad play all season for a 56-51 victory over Texas Tech on Saturday night.
Destiny Williams added 16 points for the Lady Bears (27-0, 14-0), getting most of her points on layups — several coming at key times. Her layup with 7:49 left, on a play started by Griner, broke a 46-all tie and put Baylor ahead to stay.
The Lady Raiders (17-9, 5-9) are the only Big 12 team to keep the final margin against Baylor under 10 points. They lost 72-64 at home a month earlier.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 55
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 54
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48