WACO, Texas — Brittney Griner and the top-ranked Baylor Lady Bears are still undefeated and already have at least a share of the Big 12 conference title.
Griner had 18 points, 14 rebounds and matched a career high with five assists as Baylor overcame one of its worst extended stretches of bad play all season for a 56-51 victory over Texas Tech on Saturday night.
Destiny Williams added 16 points for the Lady Bears (27-0, 14-0), getting most of her points on layups — several coming at key times. Her layup with 7:49 left, on a play started by Griner, broke a 46-all tie and put Baylor ahead to stay.
The Lady Raiders (17-9, 5-9) are the only Big 12 team to keep the final margin against Baylor under 10 points. They lost 72-64 at home a month earlier.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35