WACO, Texas — Brittney Griner and the top-ranked Baylor Lady Bears are still undefeated and already have at least a share of the Big 12 conference title.
Griner had 18 points, 14 rebounds and matched a career high with five assists as Baylor overcame one of its worst extended stretches of bad play all season for a 56-51 victory over Texas Tech on Saturday night.
Destiny Williams added 16 points for the Lady Bears (27-0, 14-0), getting most of her points on layups — several coming at key times. Her layup with 7:49 left, on a play started by Griner, broke a 46-all tie and put Baylor ahead to stay.
The Lady Raiders (17-9, 5-9) are the only Big 12 team to keep the final margin against Baylor under 10 points. They lost 72-64 at home a month earlier.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16