COLLEGE STATION, Texas — Kim English scored 21 points and Marcus Denmon had a key 3-pointer late to lift No. 3 Missouri to its seventh straight win, 71-62, over Texas A&M on Saturday.
Texas A&M cut the lead to five points on a 3-pointer by Elston Turner with 1:22 remaining. A turnover by Phil Pressey on the next play gave A&M the ball back.
David Loubeau had a chance to get A&M within 3, but he was called for an offensive foul when he knocked Steve Moore to the ground going up for the shot. Denmon's 3 on the other end pushed the lead to 68-60 with 35 seconds left and his two free throws seconds later sealed the win for Missouri (25-2, 12-2 Big 12).
Khris Middleton had 15 points to lead A&M (13-13, 4-10) in his third game back after missing five straight with a knee injury.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- BYU rugby cruises past Central Washington,...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16