And, asked if they might dine at the Olive Garden, Hayward's well-documented favorite place to eat on the team's road trips to New York City this season and last, Hayward said probably not.
"Naw, not Olive Garden," he said sheepishly.
Although Hayward will have bragging rights following Friday's win, neither one of them could talk too much smack afterward. Hayward had five points, two assists, a rebound and a blocked shot, while Mack managed three points, two assists, a rebound and a steal. Between them, they shot 3-of-12 from the field, including 1-of-6 from 3-point range.
A LITTLE 'D' MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE: After giving up 111 points to Oklahoma City in Tuesday night's lopsided loss, Jefferson said the team's defensive effort definitely needs to get tougher. And it should be a focal point for their ballclub every night, he said.
"There should be no reason why you don't play good defense," he said. "I think our problem is we let our offense dictate our defense, and it should be the other way around. We should let our defense dictate our offense.
Meaning like, basically get stops and then we need to get out and run.
"When we get stops, our point guards do a good job and our wings do a good job of running the floor, running wide, and we get layups. And that's how it should be instead of worrying about making or missing our shots, and then when we miss, not getting back on defense and giving the other team a chance to score."
NO SCORE TO SETTLE: Veteran forward Josh Howard spent last season with Washington, when a torn ACL in his left knee and subsequent soreness and tendinitis limited him to just 18 games.
He signed with Utah in December and, after the one-time All-Star (2007 with Dallas) emerged as a key member of the Jazz bench brigade early this season, he denied that he'd have any extra incentive to show the Wizards what type of player he can be when healthy.
"It's just another game," he said following Friday morning's shootaround.
"We need to get a win more than me worrying about getting payback or anything like that. And it wasn't any payback, you know, I signed as a free agent here, so hopefully it's my decision to come back here."
- Utah Jazz: Analyzing 3 trade possibilities as...
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave Rose's...
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants...
- Morning links: Kyle Van Noy, Eric Weddle...
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting Combine
- BYU football quiz: How well do you know the...
- Utes return home and handle Huskies, 90-82,...
- Jazz notes: Respect high between Coach...
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave... 45
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 44
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out... 43
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants... 41
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 40
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 33
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting... 29