GUARDS: Devin Harris and Raja Bell each played efficiently, and neither were needed in the fourth quarter thanks to the Jazz's sizable lead. Bell's plus-minus was +23 and Harris' was +20. John Wall scored a lot of points for the Wizards, but not when the game was still in doubt.
FORWARDS: Paul Millsap didn't shoot the ball very well, but he contributed another double-double. Gordon Hayward had a quiet game. Washington's starting forward tandem of Chris Singleton and Trevor Booker was overmatched.
CENTERS: It was Al Jefferson's night. He made what would have been an otherwise dreadful first half to watch mostly bearable. He scored 14 straight points in the second quarter and had 16 of Utah's final 20 points in the first half. JaVale McGee had decent numbers, but made little impact on the game.
BENCH: It wasn't a spectacular night for the Jazz reserves, but it didn't need to be either. Alec Burks took advantage of his playing time and scored a career-high 13 points. He was the only Jazz bench player to score in double figures.
OVERALL: The Wizards looked the part of a 7-24 team, and the Jazz took them apart. It was just what Utah needed after the back-to-back-to-back earlier in the week, and a win that should give it some confidence and momentum. After losing to the woeful Wizards last season at home, the Jazz handled business this time. They deserve credit for that.
- Gordon Hayward agrees to terms with...
- Good first impression for Utah Jazz rookie...
- Vai's View: Harvey Langi hopes to transfer...
- BYU football: 10 players to buy stock in
- BYU football: Box Elder's Riley Burt commits...
- Doug Robinson: NBA free agency is entirely...
- Graphic: What would happen if the Jazz match...
- BYU football: 10 players poised for breakout...
- Vai's View: Harvey Langi hopes to... 258
- BYU-Utah rated nation's 12th-best... 102
- Gordon Hayward agrees to terms with... 60
- Brad Rock: What Gordon Hayward needs to... 32
- 4 Utah college football players named... 28
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Robert Anae likes... 27
- BYU football: Box Elder's Riley Burt... 25
- Fourth of July surprise! Steve Novak... 14