GUARDS: Devin Harris and Raja Bell each played efficiently, and neither were needed in the fourth quarter thanks to the Jazz's sizable lead. Bell's plus-minus was +23 and Harris' was +20. John Wall scored a lot of points for the Wizards, but not when the game was still in doubt.
FORWARDS: Paul Millsap didn't shoot the ball very well, but he contributed another double-double. Gordon Hayward had a quiet game. Washington's starting forward tandem of Chris Singleton and Trevor Booker was overmatched.
CENTERS: It was Al Jefferson's night. He made what would have been an otherwise dreadful first half to watch mostly bearable. He scored 14 straight points in the second quarter and had 16 of Utah's final 20 points in the first half. JaVale McGee had decent numbers, but made little impact on the game.
BENCH: It wasn't a spectacular night for the Jazz reserves, but it didn't need to be either. Alec Burks took advantage of his playing time and scored a career-high 13 points. He was the only Jazz bench player to score in double figures.
OVERALL: The Wizards looked the part of a 7-24 team, and the Jazz took them apart. It was just what Utah needed after the back-to-back-to-back earlier in the week, and a win that should give it some confidence and momentum. After losing to the woeful Wizards last season at home, the Jazz handled business this time. They deserve credit for that.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45