Pablo Martinez Monsivais, AP
Recent events and actions of my colleagues have left me thoroughly perturbed. In a largely Republican community, criticism of Democrats is inevitable, perhaps even necessary and right under the First Amendment. But when civil disagreement turns to gross disrespect, a problem arises.
Why are my colleagues still talking about President Obama's birth certificate? Why can't they accept the fact that Romney really is a good person? Why is he still being scrutinized? Because nobody can dig up any dirt on him? We should be rejoicing to finally have such a moral leader. Now people are claiming that he doesn't have personality?
Nobody seems to care if Obama has a good personality or not because they can't seem to get past his health care plan. And why do we care about Newt Gingrich's imperfect personal life? We need to show a little respect for our leaders that became leaders for the purpose of improving our country. So go read up on some of Obama's policies or take a look at Romney's tax returns before you embarrass yourself by saying something unintelligent, thus hammering the final nail in your coffin of ignorance.
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move —...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- My view: In the name of God?
- My view: Doing away with cursive is bad idea...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 62
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 43
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 35
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30