Pablo Martinez Monsivais, AP
Recent events and actions of my colleagues have left me thoroughly perturbed. In a largely Republican community, criticism of Democrats is inevitable, perhaps even necessary and right under the First Amendment. But when civil disagreement turns to gross disrespect, a problem arises.
Why are my colleagues still talking about President Obama's birth certificate? Why can't they accept the fact that Romney really is a good person? Why is he still being scrutinized? Because nobody can dig up any dirt on him? We should be rejoicing to finally have such a moral leader. Now people are claiming that he doesn't have personality?
Nobody seems to care if Obama has a good personality or not because they can't seem to get past his health care plan. And why do we care about Newt Gingrich's imperfect personal life? We need to show a little respect for our leaders that became leaders for the purpose of improving our country. So go read up on some of Obama's policies or take a look at Romney's tax returns before you embarrass yourself by saying something unintelligent, thus hammering the final nail in your coffin of ignorance.
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- My view: Powdr Corp and Park City Mountain...
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- Improving voter turnout still a tough nut to...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 74
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 39
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- Join the discussion: Is it impossible... 32