Pablo Martinez Monsivais, AP
Recent events and actions of my colleagues have left me thoroughly perturbed. In a largely Republican community, criticism of Democrats is inevitable, perhaps even necessary and right under the First Amendment. But when civil disagreement turns to gross disrespect, a problem arises.
Why are my colleagues still talking about President Obama's birth certificate? Why can't they accept the fact that Romney really is a good person? Why is he still being scrutinized? Because nobody can dig up any dirt on him? We should be rejoicing to finally have such a moral leader. Now people are claiming that he doesn't have personality?
Nobody seems to care if Obama has a good personality or not because they can't seem to get past his health care plan. And why do we care about Newt Gingrich's imperfect personal life? We need to show a little respect for our leaders that became leaders for the purpose of improving our country. So go read up on some of Obama's policies or take a look at Romney's tax returns before you embarrass yourself by saying something unintelligent, thus hammering the final nail in your coffin of ignorance.
- In our opinion: Optimism in politics would be...
- In our opinion: NASA's New Horizons opens up...
- Letter: BSA lacks a compass
- Letter: Erratic protests
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Identifying...
- Drew Clark: Utah prison volunteers provide a...
- Letter: Lagoon animals
- My view: Moving the prison would present...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 67
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 46
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 40
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- In our opinion: After change to state... 25
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23