A calendar of LDS-themed events from around the United States and Canada.
2012 Family History Open House:> "The Future of Your Past: Moving Forward with Family History," keynote speaker, Jay Verkler, outgoing CEO of FamilySearch, Feb. 25, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Menlo Park Family History Center, 1105 Valparaiso Ave., Menlo Park (see www.mpfhc.org or call 650-325-9711 for registration information)
BYU— Idaho (Rexburg):> Daedalus Quartet, Feb. 24; BYU-Idaho Sinfonietta featuring David Sogg, a bassoonist with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, March 2; "Bring Forth My Zion," featuring choirs and orchestra in the BYU-Idaho Center, March 9 (tickets available by www.byui.edu/centerstage , www.byui.edu/tickets or by calling 208-496-3170)
Washington D.C. Temple Visitors' Center:> Art Exhibit Black History Month, daily, 10 a.m.-9 p.m., African-American Family History Seminar, Feb. 18, 10 a.m.-noon; Why I Believe fireside: Chris and Eme Martin, Alfred Street Baptist Church Choir and the Mormon Choir of Washington, D.C., Feb. 25, 7 p.m. (see www.mormon.org/dc )
Independence Visitors Center:> "Witnesses of Christ," art exhibit by Liz Lemon Swindle, through April 30, Independence Visitors Center, 927 W. Walnut, 9 a.m.-9 p.m. (call 816-836-3477 for information)
Kansas City Missouri Temple:> Open house, April 7-21, (tickets required, see kansascitymormontemple.org ); dedication, May 6 (tickets from a bishop or branch president required)
All listed times are local time unless otherwise noted. The Mormon Times calendar list for events in the United States and Canada are published on Saturdays. To submit an event, please email it to email@example.com and include a contact name and phone number. Events are due noon Wednesday for Saturday's calendar.
- Pope embraces Al-Azhar imam in sign of...
- Church slaying families accept pursuit of...
- Music and the Spoken Word: Of happiness and...
- 11 Jewish congregations selected for...
- Brigham Young birthday celebration June 1
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy shine...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Mormon Mentions: Lindsey Stirling records...
- LDS missionary who returned home early... 51
- Is the Angel Moroni a lightning rod?... 22
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- Defending the Faith: Book of Mormon... 20
- Donald Trump moves to win over wavering... 17
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11
- BYU's Ty Detmer discusses prayer,... 7
- Church slaying families accept pursuit... 5