LONDON — Fashion week kicks off in London with a splash of color shown by the British designers Antoni & Alison, the first of dozens of catwalk shows jammed into the next six days.
Designers, models, buyers and journalists filled Somerset House for the festivities on Friday, which will include some of the fashion world's biggest stars.
Stella McCartney will hold her first stand-alone show in London since she graduated. McQ, the second line from the Alexander McQueen fashion house led by Sarah Burton, will join London Fashion Week regulars like Burberry, Christopher Kane, Erdem and Paul Smith.
- Vegas’ water drying up
- Grieving borrowers told to repay student loan
- Justin Bieber apologizes for Japan war shrine...
- Sherpas leave Everest; some expeditions nix...
- Supreme Court upholds Michigan's affirmative...
- Wellness programs grow more popular with...
- Keflezighi's Boston win a boost for shoe sponsor
- Misdiagnosed bipolar: One girl’s...
- Affordable Care Act only chips away at... 26
- Supreme Court upholds Michigan's... 25
- Judge: Indiana hasn't given valid... 20
- Grieving borrowers told to repay... 19
- Vegas’ water drying up 15
- Public smoke-out marks pot holiday in... 12
- Some countries get Obama, but want his... 11
- Boogeymen and shady deals define spin... 11