LONDON — Fashion week kicks off in London with a splash of color shown by the British designers Antoni & Alison, the first of dozens of catwalk shows jammed into the next six days.
Designers, models, buyers and journalists filled Somerset House for the festivities on Friday, which will include some of the fashion world's biggest stars.
Stella McCartney will hold her first stand-alone show in London since she graduated. McQ, the second line from the Alexander McQueen fashion house led by Sarah Burton, will join London Fashion Week regulars like Burberry, Christopher Kane, Erdem and Paul Smith.
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,...
- The Associated Press' top 10 movies of the year
- Christmas 1914: The day even WWI showed humanity
- What people never mention when they talk...
- Cincinnati coach Mick Cronin has aneurysm
- Think your marital status is important? The...
- Prepackaged caramel apples linked to 4...
- Hackers warn not to release 'The Interview'...
- Obama: US re-establishing diplomatic... 49
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer... 32
- A post-election flurry: Obama tests his... 16
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Dec. 25... 15
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there... 14
- Utah football's Hackett, Orchard named... 11
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 8
- Utah mourners for Pakistani children... 8