LONDON — Fashion week kicks off in London with a splash of color shown by the British designers Antoni & Alison, the first of dozens of catwalk shows jammed into the next six days.
Designers, models, buyers and journalists filled Somerset House for the festivities on Friday, which will include some of the fashion world's biggest stars.
Stella McCartney will hold her first stand-alone show in London since she graduated. McQ, the second line from the Alexander McQueen fashion house led by Sarah Burton, will join London Fashion Week regulars like Burberry, Christopher Kane, Erdem and Paul Smith.
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a threat to...
- Striking or spanking a child is not a...
- Trial opens for Detroit officer who killed...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Yellen says US families need to boost savings
- PepsiCo latest sponsor to voice NFL concern
- Officials: California wildfire destroyed,...
- Here's why church choirs are dying
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 27
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 19
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 14
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 12
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 12
- School police stock up on free military... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 9
- US won't rule out working with Iran... 7