PROVO — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints continues to work to acquire additional property for its new temple in downtown Provo.
On Monday, Nu Skin officials announced that they are building a new parking terrace on property southwest of its building because the LDS Church is purchasing the company's existing parking structure for the temple site. On Thursday, LDS Church spokesman Scott Trotter confirmed that "the church has proposed purchasing the adjacent parking structure located west of the temple site, as well as an adjacent portion of 100 South."
These offers, Trotter said, "are subject to the regular approval process," which means they will have to be considered and approved by the Provo Planning Commission.
Trotter said church officials look forward to working with the community as "the church continues to assess various site plans in preparation for the new Provo City Center Temple."
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 16
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 14