PROVO — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints continues to work to acquire additional property for its new temple in downtown Provo.
On Monday, Nu Skin officials announced that they are building a new parking terrace on property southwest of its building because the LDS Church is purchasing the company's existing parking structure for the temple site. On Thursday, LDS Church spokesman Scott Trotter confirmed that "the church has proposed purchasing the adjacent parking structure located west of the temple site, as well as an adjacent portion of 100 South."
These offers, Trotter said, "are subject to the regular approval process," which means they will have to be considered and approved by the Provo Planning Commission.
Trotter said church officials look forward to working with the community as "the church continues to assess various site plans in preparation for the new Provo City Center Temple."
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Police: Man shot, injured by officer in Ogden
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 24
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 22
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12