PROVO — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints continues to work to acquire additional property for its new temple in downtown Provo.
On Monday, Nu Skin officials announced that they are building a new parking terrace on property southwest of its building because the LDS Church is purchasing the company's existing parking structure for the temple site. On Thursday, LDS Church spokesman Scott Trotter confirmed that "the church has proposed purchasing the adjacent parking structure located west of the temple site, as well as an adjacent portion of 100 South."
These offers, Trotter said, "are subject to the regular approval process," which means they will have to be considered and approved by the Provo Planning Commission.
Trotter said church officials look forward to working with the community as "the church continues to assess various site plans in preparation for the new Provo City Center Temple."
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 42
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23