PROVO — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints continues to work to acquire additional property for its new temple in downtown Provo.
On Monday, Nu Skin officials announced that they are building a new parking terrace on property southwest of its building because the LDS Church is purchasing the company's existing parking structure for the temple site. On Thursday, LDS Church spokesman Scott Trotter confirmed that "the church has proposed purchasing the adjacent parking structure located west of the temple site, as well as an adjacent portion of 100 South."
These offers, Trotter said, "are subject to the regular approval process," which means they will have to be considered and approved by the Provo Planning Commission.
Trotter said church officials look forward to working with the community as "the church continues to assess various site plans in preparation for the new Provo City Center Temple."
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'None of it matters': Family grateful after...
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14