SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Attorney General Mark Shurleff has endorsed Jason Buck's candidacy for Congress in Utah's 2nd Congressional District.
"I've met a lot of candidates in my lifetime, and I can truly say that Jason Buck is one of the most impressive individuals I've had the opportunity to support," Shurtleff said in a statement. "Jason is a no-nonsense conservative who understands that we must balance our nation's budget and restore fiscal restraint."
Buck announced his candidacy Jan. 20. He lives in Highland and is a part owner of the Utah Blaze indoor football team. Buck played football for Brigham Young University before playing professionally for the Cincinatti Bengals and Washington Redskins.
Seven other candidates have announced their candidacy for the 2nd Congressional District seat.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Provo airport expansion could provide up to...
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 47
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 44
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 15
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 15
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 13
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8