SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Attorney General Mark Shurleff has endorsed Jason Buck's candidacy for Congress in Utah's 2nd Congressional District.
"I've met a lot of candidates in my lifetime, and I can truly say that Jason Buck is one of the most impressive individuals I've had the opportunity to support," Shurtleff said in a statement. "Jason is a no-nonsense conservative who understands that we must balance our nation's budget and restore fiscal restraint."
Buck announced his candidacy Jan. 20. He lives in Highland and is a part owner of the Utah Blaze indoor football team. Buck played football for Brigham Young University before playing professionally for the Cincinatti Bengals and Washington Redskins.
Seven other candidates have announced their candidacy for the 2nd Congressional District seat.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Man rams truck into police station, assaults...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 13
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12