SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Attorney General Mark Shurleff has endorsed Jason Buck's candidacy for Congress in Utah's 2nd Congressional District.
"I've met a lot of candidates in my lifetime, and I can truly say that Jason Buck is one of the most impressive individuals I've had the opportunity to support," Shurtleff said in a statement. "Jason is a no-nonsense conservative who understands that we must balance our nation's budget and restore fiscal restraint."
Buck announced his candidacy Jan. 20. He lives in Highland and is a part owner of the Utah Blaze indoor football team. Buck played football for Brigham Young University before playing professionally for the Cincinatti Bengals and Washington Redskins.
Seven other candidates have announced their candidacy for the 2nd Congressional District seat.
- Argument, break-up threats preceded double...
- Sandy man beat woman, tried to put her in an...
- 10 Utahns charged in alleged identity theft...
- 15 moments many Utahns will never forget
- Top 10 best road trip spots (and photo...
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy...
- Lane splits on I-15 near Point of the Mountain
- Ex-Attorney General Mark Shurtleff pleads not...
- Utahns have mixed reactions to Supreme... 57
- Experts: Decision raises religious... 52
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 40
- Utah's same-sex marriage supporters... 30
- Father, son used LDS Church membership... 27
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 24
- Educators, parents see four-year high... 13
- Hatch plays key role in Senate passing... 12