EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. — The Minnesota Vikings need wide receivers. Just not Randy Moss.
Given the trouble he caused during his second stint with the team, the disinterest in bringing back one of the most popular players among Vikings fans in franchise history comes as no surprise. But general manager Rick Spielman confirmed Thursday the Vikings "will be moving on" without Moss.
The 35-year-old didn't play last season, but he announced this week he plans to return to the NFL. Spielman says Moss is a "great player" but that the Vikings' "focus is more on trying to get a young team." Spielman says he sees a strong group of wide receivers available through the draft and on the free agent market.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 52
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 52
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48