Matt Rourke, Associated Press
CHESTERFIELD, N.J. — Authorities say a collision between a school bus and large dump truck south of Trenton, N.J., has left one girl dead and at least three other schoolchildren in critical condition.
A spokeswoman at Camden's Cooper University Hospital, which has a trauma unit, says it received three of the most seriously injured students and they are now listed in critical condition.
State police have identified the girl killed in the Chesterfield accident as the daughter of a New Jersey state trooper.
A person who was briefed on the investigation tells The Associated Press the girl who was killed is a triplet — and that her two sisters were also on the bus. One was seriously injured and the other had minor injuries.
The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to release details.
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- Scotland votes to remain part of United Kingdom
- Review: Larger iPhones eliminate reason to...
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video sentenced
- 'Gotham' actor's Penguin inspired by DC Comics
- How much America wants to be taxed
- Chiefs' Reid dedicated to domestic abuse victims
- Home Depot breach affected 56M debit, credit...
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 27
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 20
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 15
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 12
- School police stock up on free military... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- US won't rule out working with Iran... 7
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at... 6