Matt Rourke, Associated Press
CHESTERFIELD, N.J. — Authorities say a collision between a school bus and large dump truck south of Trenton, N.J., has left one girl dead and at least three other schoolchildren in critical condition.
A spokeswoman at Camden's Cooper University Hospital, which has a trauma unit, says it received three of the most seriously injured students and they are now listed in critical condition.
State police have identified the girl killed in the Chesterfield accident as the daughter of a New Jersey state trooper.
A person who was briefed on the investigation tells The Associated Press the girl who was killed is a triplet — and that her two sisters were also on the bus. One was seriously injured and the other had minor injuries.
The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to release details.
- California orders churches, others to pay for...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- 2 dead in shooting attack at Canada's Parliament
- US: IS earns $1M per day in black market oil...
- Chairman of Becket Fund for Religious Liberty...
- Inspector: 'Serious lapse' at Secret Service
- #ThrowbackThursday: Why do we love the '90s?
- Threat to break isolation in Liberia over food
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 114
- Wyoming prepares to legalize same-sex... 22
- California orders churches, others to... 21
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 18
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social... 10
- At rallies, Obama casts 2014 as key for... 8
- This type of high school can increase... 8
- Kerry: 'Irresponsible' not to aid Kurds... 7