Matt Rourke, Associated Press
CHESTERFIELD, N.J. — Authorities say a collision between a school bus and large dump truck south of Trenton, N.J., has left one girl dead and at least three other schoolchildren in critical condition.
A spokeswoman at Camden's Cooper University Hospital, which has a trauma unit, says it received three of the most seriously injured students and they are now listed in critical condition.
State police have identified the girl killed in the Chesterfield accident as the daughter of a New Jersey state trooper.
A person who was briefed on the investigation tells The Associated Press the girl who was killed is a triplet — and that her two sisters were also on the bus. One was seriously injured and the other had minor injuries.
The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to release details.
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- Virus expert sees 'silver lining' in Ebola...
- The poorest of the poor in many Third World...
- Indiana man's confession leads to 7 bodies
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social Security
- This type of high school can increase your...
- Wanted: Cities interested in hosting 2024...
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Africa and...
- Can public officials refuse to perform... 68
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 39
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 23
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 22
- Official: 2nd worker isolated within 90... 21
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 20
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 15
- Gay marriage becomes legal in Arizona,... 14