Sue Ogrocki, Associated Press
STILLWATER, Okla. — Brittney Griner had 28 points and 10 rebounds, Kimetria Hayden scored a season-high 20 points and top-ranked Baylor remained perfect this season by beating Oklahoma State 83-52 on Wednesday night.
The Bears (26-0, 13-0 Big 12) easily avoided an upset in an arena that's been unfriendly at times over the years. Baylor had a losing record in Stillwater coming into the game and had teams ranked in the top 5 lose at Oklahoma State twice in the past four years.
Griner made sure there was no chance for history to repeat itself, making 11 of 17 shots and also blocking six on the other end. Hayden provided only the second 20-point game of her career, with the other coming against the Cowgirls two years ago in her first career start.
Taylor Schippers led Oklahoma State (13-9, 5-8) with 11 points.
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- BYU men's basketball: Winder steps up big in...
- Jordan's Austin Kafentzis will keep his...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all brawl...
- BYU closes season with painful loss in Miami...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 170
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 107
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 43