Israel and the United States at the time warned their citizens to be alert in the capital, but Thai authorities said Thailand appeared to have been a staging ground but not the target of any attack.
Pansiri, the senior Thai police officer, said that "so far, we haven't found any links between these two cases."
Thailand has rarely been a target for international terrorists, but its main airport is a major hub for Asian air travel and its government — heavily reliant on tourism — is tolerant of foreigners and is often accused of corruption and graft.
Since 2004, it has faced domestic Muslim insurgency, but violence has traditionally been limited to the country's three southernmost provinces.
In New Delhi, Indian investigators were scanning closed-circuit TV video in their search for the motorcyclist who stuck the bomb to the Israeli Embassy car that injured four people, including a diplomat's wife. She was in critical but stable condition.
Indian Home Minister Palaniappan Chidambaram said it appeared to be a terrorist attack carried out by a "very well-trained person."
Israeli media reported that Mossad teams are in Bangkok and New Delhi to investigate the explosions.
Associated Press writers Jocelyn Gecker in Bangkok, Bradley Klapper in Washington, Ravi Nessman in New Delhi, and Amy Teibel and Ian Deitch in Jerusalem contributed to this report.
- From 0.3 to 81.1: What percentage of each...
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's...
- Jet may have turned; suspicious passengers...
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Rutgers faculty council pushes for school to...
- Themes of faith, freedom echo at CPAC in...
- FBI to investigate disappearance of a...
- Early auditions for 2016 Republican...
- Obama administration allows 2-year... 28
- Disney ending funding to Boy Scouts in... 21
- Half of millennials more likely to lean... 19
- Early auditions for 2016 Republican... 18
- Rutgers faculty council pushes for... 13
- Former IRS official Lois Lerner again... 11
- US announces visa restrictions on Russians 9
- Former Secretary of State Hillary... 6