Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, Zach Long, Associated Press
LUBBOCK, Texas — Elston Turner scored 16 points and Khris Middleton had 11 to lead Texas A&M over Texas Tech 47-38 on Tuesday night, ending a four-game skid for the Aggies in their final Big 12 matchup with the Red Raiders.
The Aggies (13-12, 4-9) overcame a 15-point deficit and pulled ahead for the first time during an 18-5 run that included eight points from David Loubeau and five from Middleton.
After shooting 48 percent in the first half, Texas Tech went cold. The Red Raiders finished 5 of 19 from the field after the break, and scored just 12 points in the second half to finish with their lowest total of points in a game this season.
A&M shot poorly in the first half — 28 percent — compared to 39 percent in the second half
Jaye Crockett scored 12 points to lead Texas Tech (8-17, 1-12).
The Aggies won in Lubbock for the fourth straight time.
Texas A&M got back into the game using a 17-2 run that spanned the two halves to tie the game at 26 early in the second half when Turner hit a short jumper. Ten minutes later they tied it again at 36.
The difference came down to the Aggies getting offensive rebounds. They had nine in the first half and got 10 points off the 11 offensive rebounds in the second half.
Overall, A&M outrebounded the Red Raiders 41-23.
The Aggies got their first lead with 6:43 remaining when Loubeau grabbed a rebound off a jumper by Middleton from the corner and slammed it down to put A&M up 38-36. The Red Raiders scored just once after that when Crockett got a dunk.
Texas Tech's cold shooting started late in the first half. The Red Raiders missed on six of their last seven possessions and failed to score in their first four possessions of the second half.
Tech led 26-17 at halftime, only the second time in Big 12 play that the Red Raiders have held a lead at the break. They used a 15-4 run that included field goals from Javaris Willis, Crockett, Robert Lewandowski and a 3-pointer by Ty Nurse.
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford to...
- NFL locals photo gallery: Kyle Van Noy and...
- College football: BYU receives votes in...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- Ranking the best season by a running back in...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- BYU football: Cougars announce future games...
- Utah Utes senior Nate Orchard's goal: Improve...
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 105
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford... 105
- BYU football: Cougars announce future... 81
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're... 73
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 53
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 32
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 30
- College football: BYU receives votes in... 27