Rainier Ehrhardt, Associated Press
CLEMSON, S.C. — Andre Young and Tanner Smith scored 13 points each and Clemson held No. 22 Virginia to its lowest point total this season in a 60-48 victory on Tuesday night.
The Tigers (13-12, 5-6 Atlantic Coast Conference) took control with an 18-9 run over the final eight minutes to give the Cavaliers (19-6, 6-5) their second straight loss. Virginia looked out of synch with outside threat Joe Harris playing in a cast after breaking his left hand in a loss to North Carolina last Saturday.
Harris came in averaging 12 points a game, but was limited to two points on 1-of-5 shooting.
Jontel Evans led the Cavaliers with 17 points and star Mike Scott finished with 13, four below his team-leading average.
Devin Booker added 10 points for the Tigers.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 108
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 43
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20