He and Snead have a lot of work to do.
The franchise has averaged three wins per season under Scott Linehan, interim coach Jim Haslett and Spagnuolo, a far cry from the "Greatest Show on Turf" days that included a trip to the Super Bowl in 2000.
St. Louis was considered a franchise on the rise after making a six-win improvement in 2010 and playing for the NFC West title in the finale. Instead, the Rams flopped in 2011, playing a brutal schedule and were hampered by injuries.
The Rams haven't had a winning season since 2003, and they had the NFL's worst offense last season.
Besides that No. 2 overall draft pick, the Rams do have a handful of Pro Bowl-caliber talents including quarterback Sam Bradford, running back Steven Jackson, defensive end Chris Long and linebacker James Laurinaitis.
Bradford was the top overall pick in 2010 and was the NFL offensive rookie of the year, although last year he missed six games with a high left ankle sprain and threw only six touchdown passes.
Hanging over the Rams are questions about the franchise's future in St. Louis.
The St. Louis Convention & Visitors Commission unveiled a plan Feb. 1 that calls for $124 million in improvements to Edward Jones Dome in hopes of making sure the city doesn't lose another NFL team.
The Rams' lease with the commission requires the dome to be "first tier," or among the top 25 percent of all NFL stadiums in several categories. If it falls short, Kroenke can move the franchise after the 2014 season.
The Rams have until March 1 to accept or reject the commission offer. They can also make a counterproposal. Arbitration would begin June 15 if no agreement is reached, and the arbitration process could last through the end of the year.
Demoff noted that the team would have a stronger position if it could field a winner.
"We haven't done our job on the field to make St. Louis proud," Demoff said. "Obviously, the discussions would be a lot easier if we were 65-15 and not 15-65.
"So I view our responsibility to fix the football team and in time hopefully that will lead to easier answers on the stadium."
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Video: Improbable final play lifts Maple...
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball tournament...
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Kansas City Royals turn to former BYU pitcher...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 87
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 77
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco... 58
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 57
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- High school football: State tournament... 45
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 43
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42