Jeffrey D. Allred,
Utes will add four more to hall of fame.
SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah will induct basketball star Keith Van Horn, former head football coach Ron McBride, ex-coach and administrator Norma Carr and national champion skier Bente Dahlum into the Crimson Club Hall of Fame on Monday, April 23, at EnergySolutions Arena.
Senior student-athletes will also be honored at the banquet, which begins with dinner at 7 p.m. Tickets are available to the public for $75. For more information and reservations, contact Tracey at (801) 581-8519.
Lynx sign former BYU star Thorn.
MINNEAPOLIS — The Minnesota Lynx have signed free agent shooting guard Erin Thorn, formerly of the Chicago Sky. The deal was announced Monday.
The 5-foot-9 Thorn, a former Brigham Young University star and Orem, Utah native, shot nearly 40 percent from 3-point range last season as a reserve for the Sky. She appeared in all 34 games and averaged 5.4 points, 2.4 assists and 1.7 rebounds in 16.8 minutes.
Thorn was drafted by the New York Liberty in the second round in 2003 out of BYU. This will be her 10th year in the WNBA.
—Deseret News staff and wire services
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- 4A boys basketball tournament quarterfinal...
- Morning links: Utah coaching job ranked; NFL...
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest for...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 89
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 81
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 55
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 43
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 29