Jeffrey D. Allred,
Utes will add four more to hall of fame.
SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah will induct basketball star Keith Van Horn, former head football coach Ron McBride, ex-coach and administrator Norma Carr and national champion skier Bente Dahlum into the Crimson Club Hall of Fame on Monday, April 23, at EnergySolutions Arena.
Senior student-athletes will also be honored at the banquet, which begins with dinner at 7 p.m. Tickets are available to the public for $75. For more information and reservations, contact Tracey at (801) 581-8519.
Lynx sign former BYU star Thorn.
MINNEAPOLIS — The Minnesota Lynx have signed free agent shooting guard Erin Thorn, formerly of the Chicago Sky. The deal was announced Monday.
The 5-foot-9 Thorn, a former Brigham Young University star and Orem, Utah native, shot nearly 40 percent from 3-point range last season as a reserve for the Sky. She appeared in all 34 games and averaged 5.4 points, 2.4 assists and 1.7 rebounds in 16.8 minutes.
Thorn was drafted by the New York Liberty in the second round in 2003 out of BYU. This will be her 10th year in the WNBA.
—Deseret News staff and wire services
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Utah basketball team makes it a doubly-good...
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 50
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 24