Jeffrey D. Allred,
Utes will add four more to hall of fame.
SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah will induct basketball star Keith Van Horn, former head football coach Ron McBride, ex-coach and administrator Norma Carr and national champion skier Bente Dahlum into the Crimson Club Hall of Fame on Monday, April 23, at EnergySolutions Arena.
Senior student-athletes will also be honored at the banquet, which begins with dinner at 7 p.m. Tickets are available to the public for $75. For more information and reservations, contact Tracey at (801) 581-8519.
Lynx sign former BYU star Thorn.
MINNEAPOLIS — The Minnesota Lynx have signed free agent shooting guard Erin Thorn, formerly of the Chicago Sky. The deal was announced Monday.
The 5-foot-9 Thorn, a former Brigham Young University star and Orem, Utah native, shot nearly 40 percent from 3-point range last season as a reserve for the Sky. She appeared in all 34 games and averaged 5.4 points, 2.4 assists and 1.7 rebounds in 16.8 minutes.
Thorn was drafted by the New York Liberty in the second round in 2003 out of BYU. This will be her 10th year in the WNBA.
—Deseret News staff and wire services
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but flutters...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Friday fracas: Trevor Booker nearly hit, gets...
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19 in AP,...
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most worthy of...
- Ranking the best small forwards in the NBA:...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 65
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 44
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 29
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense could use... 24
- Friday morning QB: Three stars and five... 23