Jeffrey D. Allred,
Utes will add four more to hall of fame.
SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah will induct basketball star Keith Van Horn, former head football coach Ron McBride, ex-coach and administrator Norma Carr and national champion skier Bente Dahlum into the Crimson Club Hall of Fame on Monday, April 23, at EnergySolutions Arena.
Senior student-athletes will also be honored at the banquet, which begins with dinner at 7 p.m. Tickets are available to the public for $75. For more information and reservations, contact Tracey at (801) 581-8519.
Lynx sign former BYU star Thorn.
MINNEAPOLIS — The Minnesota Lynx have signed free agent shooting guard Erin Thorn, formerly of the Chicago Sky. The deal was announced Monday.
The 5-foot-9 Thorn, a former Brigham Young University star and Orem, Utah native, shot nearly 40 percent from 3-point range last season as a reserve for the Sky. She appeared in all 34 games and averaged 5.4 points, 2.4 assists and 1.7 rebounds in 16.8 minutes.
Thorn was drafted by the New York Liberty in the second round in 2003 out of BYU. This will be her 10th year in the WNBA.
—Deseret News staff and wire services
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- Busch turns weekend into clean sweep with...
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s...
- Kevin Durant leads US to second exhibition...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 105
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 54
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 47
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 44
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 34
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 23
- Backfield to the future: Hill, Williams... 12