Jeffrey D. Allred,
Utes will add four more to hall of fame.
SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah will induct basketball star Keith Van Horn, former head football coach Ron McBride, ex-coach and administrator Norma Carr and national champion skier Bente Dahlum into the Crimson Club Hall of Fame on Monday, April 23, at EnergySolutions Arena.
Senior student-athletes will also be honored at the banquet, which begins with dinner at 7 p.m. Tickets are available to the public for $75. For more information and reservations, contact Tracey at (801) 581-8519.
Lynx sign former BYU star Thorn.
MINNEAPOLIS — The Minnesota Lynx have signed free agent shooting guard Erin Thorn, formerly of the Chicago Sky. The deal was announced Monday.
The 5-foot-9 Thorn, a former Brigham Young University star and Orem, Utah native, shot nearly 40 percent from 3-point range last season as a reserve for the Sky. She appeared in all 34 games and averaged 5.4 points, 2.4 assists and 1.7 rebounds in 16.8 minutes.
Thorn was drafted by the New York Liberty in the second round in 2003 out of BYU. This will be her 10th year in the WNBA.
—Deseret News staff and wire services
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15