Scott G Winterton, Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The site of the 2002 Winter Olympics hosted a guest on the Games' 10th anniversary Friday. A Union Pacific locomotive engine commemorating the Games paid a visit to Salt Lake City.
The locomotive was originally part of the 2002 Olympic Torch Relay, a 65-day, 13,500-mile journey across 46 states that began on Dec. 4, 2001, in Atlanta. The locomotive arrived in Salt Lake City for the opening ceremonies Feb. 8, 2002.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor of...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood claims
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Ann Romney on likability, Hillary Clinton, MS...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 69
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 32
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20