Scott G Winterton, Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The site of the 2002 Winter Olympics hosted a guest on the Games' 10th anniversary Friday. A Union Pacific locomotive engine commemorating the Games paid a visit to Salt Lake City.
The locomotive was originally part of the 2002 Olympic Torch Relay, a 65-day, 13,500-mile journey across 46 states that began on Dec. 4, 2001, in Atlanta. The locomotive arrived in Salt Lake City for the opening ceremonies Feb. 8, 2002.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 81
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 35
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 33
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26