SALT LAKE CITY — A Riverton man is accused of a road rage incident on Interstate 15 in Salt Lake County in which he pointed a handgun at a woman motorist and threatened to shoot her.
Kyle Kirk Bake, 35, was charged earlier this month with third-degree felony aggravated assault in 3rd District Court stemming from the Jan. 12 incident at about 600 North in the southbound lanes of I-15.
The woman told the investigating Utah Highway Patrol trooper that a sports car began tailgating her and she sped up and changed lanes. The sports car sped up as well and got behind her vehicle to begin tailgating her again. The car then pulled alongside her vehicle and the man pointed a black and silver handgun at her, yelling "I'm going to shoot you," according to the charges.
She said she noticed what appeared to a laptop with a police sticker on it resting on the dash.
The investigating trooper tracked the vehicle to Bake's home. The trooper noticed a laptop in the vehicle on a makeshift stand.
A Utah Highway Patrol spokesman said Bake is not affiliated with any police agency.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more in wake...
- American Fork cyclist killed during training...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- President Obama to make first trip to... 114
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 41
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 41
- Cyclist killed on training run after... 23
- School leaders look for solutions to... 22
- A river runs dry: Water and the future... 15
- Man who crashed truck into house... 12
- Obama expected to stay overnight in... 12