SALT LAKE CITY — A Riverton man is accused of a road rage incident on Interstate 15 in Salt Lake County in which he pointed a handgun at a woman motorist and threatened to shoot her.
Kyle Kirk Bake, 35, was charged earlier this month with third-degree felony aggravated assault in 3rd District Court stemming from the Jan. 12 incident at about 600 North in the southbound lanes of I-15.
The woman told the investigating Utah Highway Patrol trooper that a sports car began tailgating her and she sped up and changed lanes. The sports car sped up as well and got behind her vehicle to begin tailgating her again. The car then pulled alongside her vehicle and the man pointed a black and silver handgun at her, yelling "I'm going to shoot you," according to the charges.
She said she noticed what appeared to a laptop with a police sticker on it resting on the dash.
The investigating trooper tracked the vehicle to Bake's home. The trooper noticed a laptop in the vehicle on a makeshift stand.
A Utah Highway Patrol spokesman said Bake is not affiliated with any police agency.
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Smithfield man stabbed father to death after...
- Chaffetz attorney calls FEC complaint claims...
- Families need to know of dying decision to...
- Brewvies wants judge to stop DABC from...
- 7 crazy-awesome natural arches and bridges in...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 51
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 50
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 49
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 26
- Report: Spending on charter students... 21