SALT LAKE CITY — A Riverton man is accused of a road rage incident on Interstate 15 in Salt Lake County in which he pointed a handgun at a woman motorist and threatened to shoot her.
Kyle Kirk Bake, 35, was charged earlier this month with third-degree felony aggravated assault in 3rd District Court stemming from the Jan. 12 incident at about 600 North in the southbound lanes of I-15.
The woman told the investigating Utah Highway Patrol trooper that a sports car began tailgating her and she sped up and changed lanes. The sports car sped up as well and got behind her vehicle to begin tailgating her again. The car then pulled alongside her vehicle and the man pointed a black and silver handgun at her, yelling "I'm going to shoot you," according to the charges.
She said she noticed what appeared to a laptop with a police sticker on it resting on the dash.
The investigating trooper tracked the vehicle to Bake's home. The trooper noticed a laptop in the vehicle on a makeshift stand.
A Utah Highway Patrol spokesman said Bake is not affiliated with any police agency.
- Teen accused of murdering neighbor now...
- One man electrocuted, 2 others injured in...
- ACT scores, 2015: A breakdown of each state,...
- Utah Highway Patrol trooper shot multiple...
- 9 of the worst things you can do to your...
- Police identify man killed in I-80 rollover
- ‘Jackie & Ryan’ showcases beauty...
- Police working to identify boys who left...
- Poll: Utahns would take Donald Trump... 76
- Planned Parenthood draws support,... 71
- GOP presidential candidate Jeb Bush has... 28
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 24
- Commissioner wants new trial as feds... 19
- Teen accused of murdering neighbor now... 17
- Stolen identity: Congressman Jason... 12
- UHP locates owner of doghouse that... 12