SALT LAKE CITY — A Riverton man is accused of a road rage incident on Interstate 15 in Salt Lake County in which he pointed a handgun at a woman motorist and threatened to shoot her.
Kyle Kirk Bake, 35, was charged earlier this month with third-degree felony aggravated assault in 3rd District Court stemming from the Jan. 12 incident at about 600 North in the southbound lanes of I-15.
The woman told the investigating Utah Highway Patrol trooper that a sports car began tailgating her and she sped up and changed lanes. The sports car sped up as well and got behind her vehicle to begin tailgating her again. The car then pulled alongside her vehicle and the man pointed a black and silver handgun at her, yelling "I'm going to shoot you," according to the charges.
She said she noticed what appeared to a laptop with a police sticker on it resting on the dash.
The investigating trooper tracked the vehicle to Bake's home. The trooper noticed a laptop in the vehicle on a makeshift stand.
A Utah Highway Patrol spokesman said Bake is not affiliated with any police agency.
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed robbery...
- Photos: Hollywood comes to Utah with the...
- Suspected DUI driver found in barn hours...
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax this...
- 'Frozen', Utah style! Slot canyons, arches...
- About Utah: Utah Valley University fills a...
- New prison site not expected to be named...
- How to keep a youthful appearance
- Mitt sounds like a candidate at Salt... 87
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 30
- Sen. Mike Lee urges conservative... 27
- Are you willing to pay more for your... 22
- EPA inventory highlights 'toxic'... 20
- Darrien Hunt's mother pleads not guilty... 19
- Former SUU rugby player sentenced to... 18
- Inmates turn in handgun and magazine... 18