SALT LAKE CITY — A Riverton man is accused of a road rage incident on Interstate 15 in Salt Lake County in which he pointed a handgun at a woman motorist and threatened to shoot her.
Kyle Kirk Bake, 35, was charged earlier this month with third-degree felony aggravated assault in 3rd District Court stemming from the Jan. 12 incident at about 600 North in the southbound lanes of I-15.
The woman told the investigating Utah Highway Patrol trooper that a sports car began tailgating her and she sped up and changed lanes. The sports car sped up as well and got behind her vehicle to begin tailgating her again. The car then pulled alongside her vehicle and the man pointed a black and silver handgun at her, yelling "I'm going to shoot you," according to the charges.
She said she noticed what appeared to a laptop with a police sticker on it resting on the dash.
The investigating trooper tracked the vehicle to Bake's home. The trooper noticed a laptop in the vehicle on a makeshift stand.
A Utah Highway Patrol spokesman said Bake is not affiliated with any police agency.
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- The truth about addiction
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- Man injured in police shooting identified
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 23
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19