Charles Krupa, Associated Press
BOSTON — Bill Arnold scored with 6.4 seconds left in the first overtime to lead No. 3 Boston College to a 3-2 victory over No. 2 Boston University in the Beanpot on Monday night and give the Eagles the area's college hockey bragging rights for the third consecutive year.
It was the fourth straight time BC (19-10-1) has beaten its Commonwealth Avenue rival in the tournament.
Pat Mullane and Chris Kreider also scored for the Eagles, and Parker Milner stopped 32 shots.
Garrett Noonan scored twice and Kieran Millan made 44 saves for BU (17-10-1).
Luke Greiner scored a short-handed goal in the third period and Steve Michalek stopped 24 shots as Harvard beat Northeastern 3-2 in the consolation game earlier Monday.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 28
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 20