Charles Krupa, Associated Press
BOSTON — Bill Arnold scored with 6.4 seconds left in the first overtime to lead No. 3 Boston College to a 3-2 victory over No. 2 Boston University in the Beanpot on Monday night and give the Eagles the area's college hockey bragging rights for the third consecutive year.
It was the fourth straight time BC (19-10-1) has beaten its Commonwealth Avenue rival in the tournament.
Pat Mullane and Chris Kreider also scored for the Eagles, and Parker Milner stopped 32 shots.
Garrett Noonan scored twice and Kieran Millan made 44 saves for BU (17-10-1).
Luke Greiner scored a short-handed goal in the third period and Steve Michalek stopped 24 shots as Harvard beat Northeastern 3-2 in the consolation game earlier Monday.
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 65
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 51