Charles Krupa, Associated Press
BOSTON — Bill Arnold scored with 6.4 seconds left in the first overtime to lead No. 3 Boston College to a 3-2 victory over No. 2 Boston University in the Beanpot on Monday night and give the Eagles the area's college hockey bragging rights for the third consecutive year.
It was the fourth straight time BC (19-10-1) has beaten its Commonwealth Avenue rival in the tournament.
Pat Mullane and Chris Kreider also scored for the Eagles, and Parker Milner stopped 32 shots.
Garrett Noonan scored twice and Kieran Millan made 44 saves for BU (17-10-1).
Luke Greiner scored a short-handed goal in the third period and Steve Michalek stopped 24 shots as Harvard beat Northeastern 3-2 in the consolation game earlier Monday.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 82
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25