Charles Krupa, Associated Press
BOSTON — Bill Arnold scored with 6.4 seconds left in the first overtime to lead No. 3 Boston College to a 3-2 victory over No. 2 Boston University in the Beanpot on Monday night and give the Eagles the area's college hockey bragging rights for the third consecutive year.
It was the fourth straight time BC (19-10-1) has beaten its Commonwealth Avenue rival in the tournament.
Pat Mullane and Chris Kreider also scored for the Eagles, and Parker Milner stopped 32 shots.
Garrett Noonan scored twice and Kieran Millan made 44 saves for BU (17-10-1).
Luke Greiner scored a short-handed goal in the third period and Steve Michalek stopped 24 shots as Harvard beat Northeastern 3-2 in the consolation game earlier Monday.
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 64
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 33
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28