He's in California through Thursday, almost exclusively focused on fundraising. He's holding three private fundraisers in Los Angeles, money events in San Diego and Fresno on Tuesday and in the San Francisco Bay area on Wednesday. He has just a handful of public events, including in Arizona and his former home state of Georgia.
Romney was campaigning in Arizona late Monday, stopping there between fundraisers in California and New York. He plans to head to Michigan for two days later this week to fend off a sudden challenge from Santorum — but is slated to stop in Idaho after that to raise money.
He's focused on defending himself in the next states to vote, with Gingrich challenging him in Arizona and Santorum in Michigan.
Anticipating a long fight from the start of this campaign, Romney spent nearly all of last year focusing on fundraising in hopes of stockpiling enough cash.
By year's end, Romney had raised far more than his rivals, roughly $56 million.
He had $19 million on hand as 2012 and the state-by-state voting began.
But he's spent the most, too.
So far, his campaign has spent about $11 million on TV ads. He's bolstered by Restore Our Future, which spent more than $14 million.
Still unclear is whether Romney will draw on his considerable personal fortune. He spent $45 million of his own money in 2008 but hasn't signaled he'll do the same this year.
By contrast, Gingrich raised $12.6 million while Santorum netted $2.2 million last year. And, on TV, Gingrich his allies have spent about $7 million while Santorum and his backers have spent about $2.5 million.
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- 50 things you might not know about 15 of your...
- Amish school shooter's kin: Horror, then healing
- Judge orders Colo. cake-maker to serve gay...
- Report: German president boycotting Sochi...
- Central African Republic mobs launch ethnic...
- Food-tech startups aim to replace eggs and...
- Purge sends chilling message to North Korea's...
- Judge orders Colo. cake-maker to serve... 109
- Many Mormon missionaries who return... 101
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 32
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela 27
- Space and religion: How believers view... 19
- Obama administration will allow green... 17
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday... 16
- Former South African President Nelson... 13