BYU football: LaVell Edwards Stadium to get new LED video walls
Stuart Johnson, Deseret News archives
PROVO — BYU announced Monday plans to replace the video walls and scoreboards in the end zones at LaVell Edwards Stadium.
The new scoreboards, which are the result of a sponsorship by Nu Skin Enterprises and its partnership with IMG College, will include state-of-the-art LED video walls in the north and south end zones as well as LED ribbon boards across the top of both end zones.
"We are very thankful to Nu Skin Enterprises for its commitment to athletics and the BYU community," BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe said in a statement. "Nu Skin has been a vital partner with BYU for two decades. These new LED video walls will be a great addition to the game-day experience for Cougar fans at LaVell Edwards Stadium."
Construction is anticipated to begin this spring, and the project is expected to be completed by the season-opener at Edwards Stadium against Washington State on Sept. 1.
"We are delighted to continue our long-standing sponsorship of BYU athletics," said Truman Hunt, Nu Skin president and chief executive officer. "We are pleased to be in a position to enhance our community and believe these improvements to LaVell Edwards Stadium demonstrate our commitment to the success of Cougar athletics."
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Utah basketball team makes it a doubly-good...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 50
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 24