An article in the Washington Post questions Mitt Romneys role in the success of the 2002 Winter Olympic Games.
Romney left his post at Bain Capital to run the Olympics after top officials resigned amid a bribery scandal and mismanagement of funds that left the games in debt. The games ended up being on of the most profitable in Winter Olympic history.
The Washington Post says that although Romney played a role in the games' eventual success, questions remain as to the extent of the financial problems that the games faced before Romney arrived. The Post also quotes individuals close to Romney as saying that he took the job to help his political resume.
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican...
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by to watch
- 9 films advance in Oscars shortlist for best...
- The Associated Press' top 10 movies of the year
- Spain hands out $3B in planet's biggest lottery
- 10 years on, where did all the tsunami debris...
- 'Hobbit' goes out on top with $90.6 million...
- Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat in 2014
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer... 33
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there... 19
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,... 17
- A post-election flurry: Obama tests his... 16
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by... 13
- Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat... 11
- Utah mourners for Pakistani children... 8
- Obama declares 2014 'a breakthrough... 7