LOS ANGELES — Grammy celebrants stepped out of the Staples Center and into tropical South America at the official awards-show after party.
The Sunday night soiree at the Los Angeles Convention Center transported guests to another continent. Bikini-d women in elaborate headdresses shook their feathered skirts to the music while topless men practiced the Brazilian martial art capoeira, performing kicks, flips and handstands.
Just a block away from where Whitney Houston was mourned as late Grammy royalty and Adele was crowned the current queen with six awards, the 2012 Grammy celebration provided a festive escape with its sexy dancers and colorful, upbeat vibe.
Ryan Tedder, who shared in Adele's album of the year prize as a producer, performed with his band, One Republic. He saluted Houston before leaving the stage.
- Jailed, some mentally ill inmates land in...
- International tax competitiveness report: See...
- US, Arab allies hit IS strongholds in Syria,...
- Where do we draw the line on spanking?
- Prosecutor: 800 rounds found in White House...
- Islamic State group calls for attacking...
- Police say rifle carried by ambush suspect found
- Obama scores coalition victory with Arab strikes
- Islamic State group calls for attacking... 14
- Where do we draw the line on spanking? 12
- Jailed, some mentally ill inmates land... 11
- Thousands march in NYC, around globe... 10
- How much America wants to be taxed 10
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video... 9
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 9
- Obama scores coalition victory with... 9