LOS ANGELES — Grammy celebrants stepped out of the Staples Center and into tropical South America at the official awards-show after party.
The Sunday night soiree at the Los Angeles Convention Center transported guests to another continent. Bikini-d women in elaborate headdresses shook their feathered skirts to the music while topless men practiced the Brazilian martial art capoeira, performing kicks, flips and handstands.
Just a block away from where Whitney Houston was mourned as late Grammy royalty and Adele was crowned the current queen with six awards, the 2012 Grammy celebration provided a festive escape with its sexy dancers and colorful, upbeat vibe.
Ryan Tedder, who shared in Adele's album of the year prize as a producer, performed with his band, One Republic. He saluted Houston before leaving the stage.
- Photos: UCLA wades through damage caused by...
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the time'
- Child sex trafficking bust reveals worries...
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should offer...
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit against Obama
- Probe exposes flaws behind HealthCare.gov...
- Democrats have million-dollar day on impeachment
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 46
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 44
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 25
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 18
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 16
- Democrats have million-dollar day on... 13
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule;... 12