LOS ANGELES — Grammy celebrants stepped out of the Staples Center and into tropical South America at the official awards-show after party.
The Sunday night soiree at the Los Angeles Convention Center transported guests to another continent. Bikini-d women in elaborate headdresses shook their feathered skirts to the music while topless men practiced the Brazilian martial art capoeira, performing kicks, flips and handstands.
Just a block away from where Whitney Houston was mourned as late Grammy royalty and Adele was crowned the current queen with six awards, the 2012 Grammy celebration provided a festive escape with its sexy dancers and colorful, upbeat vibe.
Ryan Tedder, who shared in Adele's album of the year prize as a producer, performed with his band, One Republic. He saluted Houston before leaving the stage.
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- Virus expert sees 'silver lining' in Ebola...
- The poorest of the poor in many Third World...
- Oscar Pistorius starts serving 5-year prison...
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social Security
- Indiana man's confession leads to 7 bodies
- Jodi Arias sentencing retrial opens in Arizona
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Africa and...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 47
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 23
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 22
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 21
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 15
- Gay marriage becomes legal in Arizona,... 14
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social... 10
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign... 9