Nicholas Craig Ostler, 25, passed away peacefully after a valiant battle with Leukemia on April 22, 2000.
He was born August 11, 1974 in American Fork, Utah to Craig and Traude Ostler. In his short time here, he was regarded as the best husband, daddy, son, grandson, brother, uncle, nephew, cousin, and friend on earth. He touched the lives of all who knew him with unconditional love and devotion. He greeted the world with a twinkle in his eye and a smile that melted our hearts. Nich graduated from American Fork High School and LDS Seminary in 1993. He worked for Tri-City Golf Course for eight years, the last four as the assistant superintendent. On June 24, 1995 he married his eternal companion, Jackie Jones Ostler and on November 6, 1998 they added Portia Ruth Ostler to their family.In addition to his wife, daughter, and parents, Nich leaves behind a sister, Norma (Lynn) Chaffin; a brother, Matthew Mercer, all of Salt Lake; two grandmothers; numerous nieces and nephews; as well as lifetime friend, Ken Lew.
Special thanks to the wonderful staff at the University Hospital Bone Marrow Transplant Unit and Surgical Intensive Care Unit along with our friends at Tri-City Golf Course.
Services will be Tuesday April 25, 2000 at 11 a.m. in the Provo West Stake Center (2580 West 200 South). Friends and family are invited to a viewing at the Anderson & Sons Mortuary (49 East 100 No. Am Fork) Monday April 24, from 6-8 p.m. and Tuesday one hour prior to the services at the church. Burial in the American Fork City Cemetery.
With Nich's infinite skills, talents, and love, he made the world a better place and will be greatly missed. We love you, Nich. God be with you till we meet again.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Fight Like Girls group helps women battle...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 37
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 16